Compensated iPub 2 nightmare
Against my better judgement I got involved with Reel King Action in spoons last night. Pots were 100/100/30. 

Long story short I'd put over £200 in without a sniff and had to go to the cash point. When I got back someone else was on the machine but fortunately not playing Reel King and didn't stay long. 

I got back on it and was about £300 in before the king have me a silver pot. Next spin gave a win of about a tenner that gambled up to the £100, and less than £20 later I gambled up to another £64 before chickening out and walking. 

£300 in, £250 out. But that £250 came in less than five minutes. And at what point do you walk when the game is compensated? Fifty, £100, £200 in with no result makes you think sooner rather than later you'll be able to claw it back...

£50 on the chin not a bad result after my stupidity. Imagine if they'd played reel king and got that £250 streak...
They were probably happy with their £2 Ratman raise....
You’ll lose very very quickly if you assume just cos a Novomatic says ‘compensated’ they’ll eventually pay out on these games particularly!

It’s such a small chance you’re best off just investing the same money in a £500 random!
The following 1 user Likes ridye's post:
megastreaklover01
How come the government makes a bit deal about the horrors of fobts but allows all the pubs to have mini versions of them in where you can play when you're pissed which is kind of worse???
The following 2 users Like paggamaggaloo's post:
HoveSam, megastreaklover01
(08-18-2019, 08:41 PM)paggamaggaloo Wrote: How come the government makes a bit deal about the horrors of fobts but allows all the pubs to have mini versions of them in where you can play when you're pissed which is kind of worse???

Because the government doesn't give a fuck about problem gambling. They stopped caring about 25 years ago.
The noise being made Ankit FOBTs is smoke and mirrors. Addicts are still doing every penny they have on them.
A new generation of addicts is being drawn from the machines in pubs
The following 5 users Like 416's post:
Boulderdash, HoveSam, megastreaklover01, Mr Move It, paggamaggaloo
Some of the digital machines sited in pubs have a warning buried in the help screen about not playing them under the influence of alcohol! So that would 99% of the target market then.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a FOBT style backlash about them yet, it'll probably come one day soon. I've never worked out what its possible to lose in an hour on one of the random games, but I'm pretty sure it would run well into the hundreds.
The following 1 user Likes kong's post:
paggamaggaloo
No one in charge actually cares though. It's a zero sum game and those on the winning side such as the manufacturers, pubs, bookies and pubs continue to rake it in.
The govt care even less because of the tax they're collecting. Who was really behind the FOBT backlash? Most likely online bookies posing as concerned customers...
The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01
I went in a pier arcade over the weekend, noticed stickers on every fruit machine that said you need to be 16 or have an adult with you to play. Great idea, surely will see a drastic reduction in these machines that can have a kids month's pocket money off them in a few boards! I'd love to see all those 5ers upgraded back to their original jackpot level?!!!!
Didn't look at those ticket machines but I think this is a step forward. I played some shit deal for a few shit boards, it didn't even round up 10p wins!

That is a LOT of machines that are going to take a massively less amount of cash now!!
The following 1 user Likes HoveSam's post:
megastreaklover01
My parents basically taught me gambling.

We'd go on holiday and they'd take us to the arcade with a velvet purse full of coppers. It never occurred to me that coming home with an empty bag, as was always the case, was the pre-teen equivalent of doing your bollocks
Yes that new rule isn’t great for Mr P and his Bognor ventures!
(08-19-2019, 01:13 PM)HoveSam Wrote: I went in a pier arcade over the weekend, noticed stickers on every fruit machine that said you need to be 16 or have an adult with you to play. Great idea, surely will see a drastic reduction in these machines that can have a kids month's pocket money off them in a few boards! I'd love to see all those 5ers upgraded back to their original jackpot level?!!!!

Was like that in Southport Pleasureland the other day.
Its voluntary amongst BACTA members. If successful will be added to their code of conduct for next season.
The future is much like the present, only longer.
(08-19-2019, 01:13 PM)HoveSam Wrote: I went in a pier arcade over the weekend, noticed stickers on every fruit machine that said you need to be 16 or have an adult with you to play. Great idea, surely will see a drastic reduction in these machines that can have a kids month's pocket money off them in a few boards! I'd love to see all those 5ers upgraded back to their original jackpot level?!!!!

As long as the kids can still do their nads in return for a few penny chews on the more profitable ticket machines, the arcades don't care.

It sees Cat D fruit machines are on the way out pretty much everywhere these days.
The following 2 users Like jokepoteer's post:
HoveSam, megastreaklover01
Those ticket machines are a fucking disgrace!!
The following 1 user Likes PMK's post:
megastreaklover01

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypalinx raped by compensated pub machine Boulderdash 2 160 08-25-2019, 07:37 AM
Last Post: paggamaggaloo
  iPub - Robin Hood Moff 46 1,213 08-08-2019, 08:30 AM
Last Post: dondplayer
  Ipub Bailey bop 13 4,037 03-03-2013, 12:54 AM
Last Post: dondplayer