Facial recognition
What do people here think about this? Not a fan myself!
Also, why is Ladbrokes and Coral mentioned here? I'll be giving them a swerve for good now
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2...n-epidemic
The following 1 user Likes paggamaggaloo's post:
megastreaklover01
They say if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

But is that really true? Just like cookies on computers that cause you to pay more for a holiday if you've already browsed holidays, facial recognition could be used in nefarious ways to get you to spend money you didn't really need to in a supermarket, give you worse odds in a bookmaker etc.

Always follow the money in such situations
The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01
(08-16-2019, 01:12 PM)Boulderdash Wrote: They say if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

But is that really true? Just like cookies on computers that cause you to pay more for a holiday if you've already browsed holidays, facial recognition could be used in nefarious ways to get you to spend money you didn't really need to in a supermarket, give you worse odds in a bookmaker etc.

Always follow the money in such situations

It was probably just tin foil hats, but I always had the suspicion that FOBT players were being profiled. It's down to the player's pattern of behaviour. Then the game settings adjust dynamically to make sure that the player isn't winning too much!

Take YouTube as an example. Firstly, logout of YT, clear your browser cookies or use private browsing. This ensures that all of your YT settings are cleared. Then start searching for videos as normal and watch them, and by the time you get to the 3rd or 4th video, YT will have already worked out what your username / account is.

Go back to the FOBTs, and all it takes is for you to pick 3 or 4 of your favourite games, your betting pattern and other game settings and the machine knows who you are. It won't know your actual name but it will have generated a unique player ID number and uses that to identify you on future plays.

The topic of this thread, facial recognition, just reinforces my suspicion.