Anybody still playing these?
I realise this is primarily a forum about fruit machines,but just wondering is there anybody on here still trying to make a few quid out of quiz machines? Getting increasingly hard these days to find any, never mind win on them!
Haha did you used to be on Fruitchat, remember that name from somewhere?!
I did indeed,and I remember your avatar lol.How is the fruit machine world these days?
I still play them when I come across them. The missus and I have a punt. Tend to stick to Pub Quiz/Film Quiz, Robin Hood, Pints Make Prizes. Older units still like a go on Battleships. Spot the difference was always good for a couple of quid but the latest version is dirt. Crystal Maze still knocking about on the odd unit.
Tend to save up a load of shrapnel and see how much of it we can turn into gold nuggets.
Haha alright muddle, I don't argue or cause conflict as much on here, largely because it is not required as much but sarcasm and it's synonyms are "misunderstood" and punished with the ban hammer! lol
I don't think I ever did get an open answer as the the sort of figures you used to make from quizzers? I'll assume there's close to zero income now, or that you have gotten the absolute lot??!
Still grinding on fruits, hard to escape this sick trap!
Well that's the problem,HoveSam,I don't know what your work history is but mine is a big fat lonely zero.Quizzies have always been my sole source of income.I am still going to avoid the totally open answer about how much that is nowadays but it's got down to only just paying the bills.There simply isn't that many of them around any more so having to travel further and more often.I never play in 'the south' but I am thinking of having a root around for a few days though I suspect the streets of London are no longer paved with gold!
But in case that paragraph sounds a little moany,it's been a good run and I've enjoyed it.I hope you can string out bandits a while longer but they seem to be on the way to being all digital which,while I don't know for certain,but I suspect is a bad thing for the bandit pro.
Digital isn't a problem, it's compensation we need to worry about
They've tightened the pwofile on this, it hates the britzes dunnit?
(05-11-2019, 12:53 AM)jerz92 Wrote: Digital isn't a problem, it's compensation we need to worry about

Indeed - a bigger and bigger slice of the pub digital selection is not compensated
(05-11-2019, 08:29 AM)dondplayer Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 12:53 AM)jerz92 Wrote: Digital isn't a problem, it's compensation we need to worry about

Indeed - a bigger and bigger slice of the pub digital selection is not compensated

Ah,I see - didn't know that as it's not really my area.
muddle, I long for the time I can't make money anymore, not even the slightest hint of that at the moment though.
(05-11-2019, 10:10 AM)HoveSam Wrote: muddle, I long for the time I can't make money anymore, not even the slightest hint of that at the moment though.

That made me smile,because I know what you mean.There is a phrase which has been done to death recently and people trot out as if they're being clever: 'Be careful what you wish for'.Might it actually be appropriate here? Or are you thinking that the end of available winnings would be a kick up the backside to make you do something else.I probably need to give myself one of those now! Perhaps you could start something like a course and fit machines around that? Not that I followed that advice when mates said it to me in the last few years.