DOND memories
I was in a packed pub last night and ended up stood next to a DOND Decade - not worth playing but the feature stack brought back some memories good and bad (see pic).

Red Alert - was there anything good about this one ? lol 
Open The Box - can't remember this one unless it was a Crazy Chair clone
East & West Wing - very fair with the Deal game, particularly on £70 JP

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Done my bollocks in on most of them at some point, being a punter and often just forcing and busting them hoping for the best. Not on there but I once put £200+ through a hall of fame without a deal and now I know why haha.. ps message from the banker can be kind on decade from a few quid!
I remember a big one once had about 200+ off me, only meant to put beer change in on a night out with the lads and ended up on it for about 2 hours and with other money I had spent that day meant I hit my 300 quid a day withdrawal limit and went home early vowing never to do that again.

Of course I did do it again plenty of times on FOBTs etc.. but that was the last time I ever lost close to that amount in a fruity.
I just used to get balls deep into Big One and go for Go All The Way but I’ve run out of money doing that a few times too haha.. can be horrible at times
guess a lot of people on this board weren't playing fruit machines 10+ years ago, but I was.
DOND killed the AWPs for me.
Yes there were empties like DOND CYBTB, power 5 etc.
I would still get info pretty early on back in 2007. In a way I'm grateful the DONDs were so poor as I finally managed to stop playing fruit machines for the first time since I was a kid. I can't believe the concept pit
(04-13-2019, 03:00 PM)416 Wrote: guess a lot of people on this board weren't playing fruit machines 10+ years ago, but I was.
I would still get info pretty early on back in 2007. In a way I'm grateful the DONDs were so poor as I finally managed to stop playing fruit machines for the first time since I was a kid. I can't believe the concept proved so popular for a decade. Shit machines imo
(04-13-2019, 03:00 PM)416 Wrote: guess a lot of people on this board weren't playing fruit machines 10+ years ago, but I was.
I would still get info pretty early on back in 2007. In a way I'm grateful the DONDs were so poor as I finally managed to stop playing fruit machines for the first time since I was a kid. I can't believe the concept pit

Got to agree to a certain point. I made a fortune from extremes and red Gamings. I would also add that DOND's brought about more players definitely. Your average person couldn't really win big on red Gamings and didn't know how to play extremes. They soon realised they could get a big box or offer on a DOND, which made them more interested in fruits. So in a way they did kill the game. 
But I must admit I made a lot of money on them too, so obviously not that bad for me lol
DONDs were great, they seemed to hit their stride towards the end of the £70 era then just gave up come the £100s apart from the upgrades and first few new releases to the junk we have today where neither a casual or player are interested

Fair deal game, chance of hitting a random big win with cash and bust, random GO ALL THE WAY, fun to play with the chance of actually walking away with a profit, the odd rip here and there but not so common that it left the machine stone dead (obviously some exceptions, like the stupid bells thing on Golden Game that some players seemed to love chasing cos it was a method innit mate that left it £1 stacking, even though they would have probably made more just playing it a bit more normally!) - amusement with prizes!

Apart from Let's Play Deal And No Deal which really is a shit machine
The following 1 user Likes ridye's post:
HoveSam
(04-12-2019, 08:18 AM)dondplayer Wrote: Open The Box - can't remember this one unless it was a Crazy Chair clone

[Image: catc_dond_open_the_box_4.jpg]
Cheers Matty - Yes I recognise it now - don't think I ever played it myself

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DOND beat the clock 416 32 2,435 07-19-2018, 04:35 PM
Last Post: paggamaggaloo
  DOND - Dream Offer Matty 13 3,016 06-19-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Matty
  Rigged dond games dude_se 3 1,409 04-03-2017, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Boulderdash
  List of controlled DOND feature games Boulderdash 27 12,134 05-31-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: playford7
  Manual for DOND The Big Deal MonkeyKing 3 1,813 03-15-2016, 11:36 PM
Last Post: johncluedo
  Control of 'DOND' features (why??) andy1234 80 28,597 03-20-2015, 01:47 PM
Last Post: Cf
Tongue DOND Spank the banker (£70) for sale gafflad1990 27 9,364 02-04-2015, 09:13 PM
Last Post: spa
  DOND Pro! ob 6 2,737 01-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Last Post: spa
  DOND GATW Problem TheBulldog 20 8,405 11-22-2014, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Damo
  DOND go all the way rolo 1 972 06-07-2014, 10:14 PM
Last Post: voodoo