Category B3 gone to pot?
I've been an avid B3 player since around 2010/11.  Got on well with Thai Flower, Thai Princess, Reel King, Ooh Aah Dracula, Monty's Millions, Icy Wilds and Sphinx Wild.  I would win some and lose some, but generally speaking I would walk away with a raise 1 out of every 3 sessions.  That's playing £50 or £60 twice a week on £1 bet.  Occasionally I would post the odd big win in My Day section of Jackpotty.  This year though, like the flick of a light switch, they've all gone to pot.  Out of 25-odd sessions in 2019 so far, I've only walked out in profit twice.  Note that the new gambling tax haven't taken effect yet, so the machines are still running at 90% to 92%.  Some features have been terrible like £19 on Thai Flower, when back in the day, £40 was considered to be a poor feature.

Has cat B3 gone down the toilet for anyone else?  I'm guessing the RTP will drop to sub-90% next week when the gambling tax increases.
A raise 1 out of every 3 sessions? With that line up of games I would be happy with a raise 1 out of every 300 sessions!
The following 3 users Like ridye's post:
Fenso, HoveSam, megastreaklover01
Everything in life is getting shitter. Gambling included. Everything is designed to take as much as possible from people whilst still being "fair". B3 games are no exception, and with percentages going down no wonder the payouts are crap. Jackpot gems for example... now thats a game that is 10x shitter than it used to be. Much harder to bag a win imo

I read that william hill are "begging" their landlords for half price rent because of the lost revenue from april. Im sure they will survive. Still plenty of degens about. If not then no real loss.
The following 1 user Likes dude_se's post:
megastreaklover01
Cheers guys Smile

I guess I was just luckier than average for a few years. Net gains or losses of a few hundred pounds per year, but I'm easily £500 down this year so far!! I think I am going to tone it down a bit especially when the tax increases from next week.
Yeah I used to do ok on BKs but now they definitely seem a lot worse.
Im not sure.
I'm always trying NOT to play the fuckers when I nip in to put football bets on but find it hard to resist when my pockets are full of pound coins.
Anyway, in Lad=broke today I succumbed. After an initial couple of small wins on some games I started losing - even had a try on the new £2 power spin or whatever bullshit name they've given it.
Then I got annoyed.
Then I got paranoid thinking maybe you can't get big wins no more on them.
Then I got annoyed with myself having chucked away the days fruit winnings.
They can fck off for me
The following 2 users Like paggamaggaloo's post:
megastreaklover01, Mr Move It
They're fucking awful nowadays. S16 versions of rainbow riches, montys millions, cashino, Elvis,
Monty python were amazing. I think now with the gamble feature so heavily used to win jackpots or big wins they've compensated for absolutely dog shite base games. It's dead spin central nowadays and absolutely appalling features, nothing to get excited about anymore. Still happily sit and watch twats on YouTube do their bollocks in on them. Except Stop and Step who ALWAYS wins
The following 2 users Like Moff's post:
The play has definitely changed, I tend to play the same machines, one of them, Doublefruitastic has gone from a high variance game that could chuck in £800 worth of wins over a short play time to a dead spin bag of shit that will drop in £200 at best then endless crap wins and dead spins until the next £200 win cycle

Could also do well from the gamble and it would still drop wins in afterwards, that all changed

Of course they are random but I pay these all the time and its the same deal everywhere now
(03-28-2019, 12:11 AM)Moff Wrote: They're fucking awful nowadays. S16 versions of rainbow riches, montys millions, cashino, Elvis,
Monty python were amazing.  I think now with the gamble feature so heavily used to win jackpots or big wins they've compensated for absolutely dog shite base games.  It's dead spin central nowadays and absolutely appalling features, nothing to get excited about anymore.  Still happily sit and watch twats on YouTube do their bollocks in on them.  Except Stop and Step who ALWAYS wins

To be fair his last 3-4 videos have been heavy losses, including loading 1k into the fobt getting up to 2.7k on 20p roulette and losing the lot. Then yestserdays vid was 700 into pick n mix £50 spins
Marching on together
Not forgetting his random trips to Monte Carlo and back in a helicopter just to play lucky lady’s charm. Guys gotta be going skint soon right?
Marching on together
The following 1 user Likes Fenso's post:
megastreaklover01
(03-29-2019, 07:58 AM)Fenso Wrote:
(03-28-2019, 12:11 AM)Moff Wrote: They're fucking awful nowadays. S16 versions of rainbow riches, montys millions, cashino, Elvis,
Monty python were amazing.  I think now with the gamble feature so heavily used to win jackpots or big wins they've compensated for absolutely dog shite base games.  It's dead spin central nowadays and absolutely appalling features, nothing to get excited about anymore.  Still happily sit and watch twats on YouTube do their bollocks in on them.  Except Stop and Step who ALWAYS wins

To be fair his last 3-4 videos have been heavy losses, including loading 1k into the fobt getting up to 2.7k on 20p roulette and losing the lot. Then yestserdays vid was 700 into pick n mix £50 spins

Cheers Frenso, you induced me to sit down ready to enjoy that video, I wouldn't call winning over 600 in about an hour a heavy loss or losing the lot! lol
Stopamdstep didnt lose all that 2.7k btw.

He started to cashout tickets at the end. Added upto about 1.6k, but still a little brutal.
(03-29-2019, 07:34 PM)dude_se Wrote: Stopamdstep didnt lose all that 2.7k btw.

He started to cashout tickets at the end. Added upto about 1.6k, but still a little brutal.

Ahhhh fuck sake I was skipping bits. I can’t watch a YouTube video without double tapping +15 seconds for half of it lol
Marching on together
(03-29-2019, 07:58 AM)Fenso Wrote:

Yep I 100% jinxed him haha
Quote:The Racing Post reports that the regulator has already written to an FOBT supplier to warn that a game developed specifically for the new regime — which restricts stakes to £2 per spin but gives players the opportunity to gamble the entirety of their winnings at any time — is non-compliant.

Be interesting to look at a FOBT menu in the morning! Hills have been sneaky with a few new games recently where if you get a win you can use the winnings to keep spinning reels with for example 'double height' bonus symbols (like it makes a big difference of course!)

Already seen a city centre Ladbrokes with a 'to let' sign too!
The following 2 users Like ridye's post:
HoveSam, megastreaklover01
I think the new gambling law is now effective. Have anyone here been and checked what the new B3 percentages are? Usually it was 90% for £1 and 92% for £1, but I expect them to be lower now.
Just been in Coral and not a single person on the fobts. Considering it’s lunchtime in the city centre!

Game over bookmakers, will be a few high street shops going on the cheap soon
Marching on together
The following 1 user Likes Fenso's post:
megastreaklover01
Loaded up Centurion yesterday...fortune spins has 2 options

‘Average bonus 1 in 5 spins’ so a tenner
‘X2 winnings average bonus 1 in 10 spins’ so twenty quid then!

Then you get the bonus which is the usual fortune spins wheel which now spins at the speed of light to give you a few of the usual pointless reel spins!

I even got a bonus on 50p Horus which gave an early retrigger (rarer than winning the lottery twice in a row!) I was just 1 symbol away from the top one...of course he fucked off back to Egypt for the remaining 17 spins and the bonus paid about £30!
A few points:
1. Interesting! https://www.theguardian.com/business/201...vestigates
2. Too early to judge imo but the few times I've been in the bookies this week they've been noticeably emptier
3. Ladbrokes have upped their texts to me - surprise surprise
4. I'm going to see how old stoppysteppy fares over the next coup!e of weeks before putting a penny in them again
The following 2 users Like paggamaggaloo's post:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47792709

That's pissed on their bonfire!