SPIN Powered By Ladbrokes
Several of these arcades have started popping up in the West Midlands now, in shuttered Ladbrokes/Corals bookie premises.  We just got a brand new one in Redditch which should give the complacent Shipleys arcade down the road something to think about.

Not a massive operation but they've squeezed in a lot of machines - mostly multi video Cat C & B with a few reel based Reflex lo-lechs.  Lots of Barcrest Community games in the brand new cabs.   100% cash ticket payout, no hoppers.   There's a couple of 10p games, but it's clearly mostly aimed at the higher rollers.

Always good to see a new name on the high street.
I'm presuming no cat c pub fruits?
They've tightened the pwofile on this, it hates the britzes dunnit?
One been going 6 weeks or so in Nuneaton. Not an awful lot to play to be fair. Still, nice tidy clean premises with bang up to date new cabs and tech. Can't fault them for trying.
(08-25-2018, 11:19 AM)jerz92 Wrote: I'm presuming no cat c pub fruits?

100% low tech.
(08-25-2018, 06:18 PM)jokepoteer Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 11:19 AM)jerz92 Wrote: I'm presuming no cat c pub fruits?

100% low tech.

Not quite.

There's a couple of high tech games dotted about the various digitals cabs in there.
The future is much like the present, only longer.
Speaking of those, played one called take it or leave it break the bank or something along those lines on a blueprint cab in an arcade the other day. Looked like a terrible game. Forced wins, costed plenty per board. Slow to play. Had my first board off a tenner on 50p, accidently collected some cash shots which gave me a forced collect of £2 so I play on. Next board just ain't happening off about £50 worth of credit (atleast £40 given in forced wins on the reels) so I switch it up to a quid and get a board. It opens its equivalent of deal or no deal and says "GO FOR THE JACKPOT" upon board entry. I don't get too ahead of myself as its a terrible looking game on a blueprint cab, assumed it might just be what it says when it opens deal, and it seems like they're getting a bit desperate lately, no surprise I guess. So I take 2spins and play deal and yeah first offers a ton so it was its equivalent of a board entry go all the way. Bit of a surprise win. Anyway happy holidays.
And it didn't replace one of the cashinos in nuneaton did it? Haven't been up there in a few weeks.
(08-25-2018, 10:03 PM)jerz92 Wrote: And it didn't replace one of the cashinos in nuneaton did it? Haven't been up there in a few weeks.

Nah, it was a converted Ladbrokes bookies
Good I reckon Laddies will do their bollocks on that venture, not as if the slots in there are going to have to pull a faulty does!
The funniest is when punters walk into an arcade, load up the roulette, find the max spin is £2, oh that's shit, and walk straight back out!
Yeah go for jackpot is a gatw.

Mega usually gives flat anyway though.
They just think put a load of new fancy looking digital randoms in a place and let’s hope the money rolls in!

That’s the business model basically!
The following 1 user Likes ob's post:
megastreaklover01
Contactless on the new barcrest whatever it’s called cabinets enabled!
(08-26-2018, 01:11 AM)ob Wrote: They just think put a load of new fancy looking digital randoms in a place and let’s hope the money rolls in!

That’s the business model basically!

There was a reasonably steady flow of customers  when I was in there yesterday.  I reckon they'll do OK, open until 11pm every day too!

It's a shame we are treated to the "standard" RTP settings, would have been nice for them to break the mould and offer higher payouts.  So we get

Rainbow Riches Road To Riches 94%
Jackpot Party 92%
Friends 92%
Action Bank 92%
Black Knight 92%
Boogie Nights 88%
Rainbow Games 88%
Mushrooms 88%
Elvis 88%
Rainbow Party 88%
Reel Em In 88%
Rocky 88%
Everybody Salsa 88%

etc.
I've not seen one of these premises yet, but I like the idea of this. This is because of the gov't clamping down on cat B2. If Laddies (and the others) branch out on their cat B3 i.e. arcade business, then the bookies business can continue purely as bookies i.e. betting on sports and other events.
Do they charge for a can of drink in their arcades? Fucking atrociously run business, would love them to go under. Last time I went in one they had actually stopped even selling cold drinks and I was directed to a shop down the road.
(08-27-2018, 09:24 PM)HoveSam Wrote: Do they charge for a can of drink in their arcades? Fucking atrociously run business, would love them to go under. Last time I went in one they had actually stopped even selling cold drinks and I was directed to a shop down the road.

They do not.  The staff have clearly been trained to look after the clientele.
I bring sad news (or not).

The SPIN concept has been deemed a failure by Ladbrokes. The shops are closing within the next few weeks. As told to me by one of the managers.
The following 1 user Likes jokepoteer's post:
megastreaklover01
That's a shame. Their T8s ran on the more desirable RTP profiles, which is rare these days.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ladbrokes are scum Boulderdash 8 1,270 10-07-2017, 08:11 AM
Last Post: streakseims
  Cheikthetoastie holds up Ladbrokes keno 6 2,852 07-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Last Post: keno
  FOBT spins capped at £2 per spin. Decision expected today in Commons AMK 31 11,474 12-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Glendale
  Ladbrokes gone to far Comedydave 7 2,615 12-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Last Post: russthebus
  ladbrokes odds on card fruitypaul 8 3,160 11-02-2012, 06:16 PM
Last Post: fruitypaul
  ladbrokes tournament PissheadPFC 6 2,683 07-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Quizard
  deal or no deal £70 jp on ladbrokes terminals jimmysnailshoes 0 739 02-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Last Post: jimmysnailshoes
  Trail Blazer in ladbrokes dondplayer1 2 1,118 12-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Last Post: quavercat
  £1 spin in honour of Jackpotty. Benjie03 13 6,336 06-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Slasher