Cat B3B4 'compensated and may be influenced by previous play'
Was out for lunch/beer/pool/watching football today (Watford won), and the pub we were in only has a single random £500 machine, a CMS Haunted House to be precise.

Got £40 in on £1 stake before it coughed the feature which paid £50, so I was able to leave it a tenner up.

As I generally have fuck all to do with the £500ers I've never really paid any attention to the signage on them, but having actually been in close proximity to it I took the time to read the information, as per below.

So what's the deal on these things, are they random or not? Compensated is absolutely not random, of course - so now I'm confused.

Think these are indeed compensated. Best to check the game help menu in case they're running different software.
Is B3B4 a hybrid category? Kinda reminds me of 12A / 12PG on videos where they pigeon-hole 2 ratings together!

Interesting looking cabinet too. Is that what S16s used to look like before they became B3s?
The following 1 user Likes Mr Move It's post:
megastreaklover01
Yeh the cms ones were compensated after the initial ones that were s16, which were random.

It was so they could do upto a tenner a spin on "super bet" from your wins from the base game.

They weren't very good from what I saw, did some punting on them back in the day, wasn't impressed, although I heard they could streak for a few jackpots, never had it myself.
These were pretty flat. But if you hit the streak,they could go for 1700 by using the super bet and hitting the feature on 10 quid super bet.
There was random version also?
gota love a compensated 500 !

I believe spa has got a few vids on the tube of his haunted house doing a few bits
(09-18-2016, 07:28 PM)Tommy c Wrote: These were pretty flat. But if you hit the streak,they could go for 1700 by using the super bet and hitting the feature on 10 quid super bet.

Did you ever get it?

The way the 35 ones rolled is they brought in grids off a high symbol after the jackpot which would superbet upto 35. I had an eggstra cash do keep doing it for some insane like 350 run!

Assumed the 500 ones did the same!
So does anyone know in what way they're compensated?

Is it as simple as 'if someone's just done £200 in one it's closer to paying out'? Or even if you're well into one it's worth carrying on because it'll cough a decent win as you're effectively forcing it in the same way you can a compensated AWP?

The other thing with compensated machines of course, is that there's generally a 'right' way to play them. Seriously, these fucking Haunted House things are everywhere, if there's a way to make some coin on them there's potentially some serious cash to be made.
They weren't cheap to force!!!! I remember that much!
Basically just refuse everything by doing super bets until your winnings are gone. Eventually it will go to higher and higher wins on the super bets until JP is achieved.

And yes, you want one in which some serious dosh has been lost. They can cost 2000 to force when not ready.
Two grand for a £500 jackpot doesn't sound like a very good deal, I mean, what's your best case scenario going to be, £100-£200 in for £500 out, versus a potential balls-deep position of £2000 in?

Unless they're capable of paying more than one jackpot in quick succession?

Is there any sort of show or tell to give you an idea that they're within range? I don't mind going a few hundred into a machine but two grand is well outside my comfort zone, but I'd feel sick as fuck afterwards.
Yes you need to be in a position to use the 10 quid super bet. Yes ivebhad a run off one,was in about 2009,had a couple of 440 wins then a full screen golden eggs off eggstra cash. Good thing about this was you could swap games whilst on the super bet :)
If you start hitting 25 quids whilst on the pick me feature on haunted house, and the others then its due for a win. Deciding whwnnto walk away isnthe hard part.
I've had a look at the videos of the machine on spa's channel, just so I'm clear on this, the super bet games seem to go into some sort of running 'win' pot and don't autocollect into the bank (credit).

So is it the case that you can keep playing super bets out of the 'win' pot until you bust out or hit the jackpot, hence you're not actually collecting anything thus are effectively forcing?

I haven't really paid much attention to the machine TBH so I'll have to go back and take a look at the ones we have here, to see if this super bet thing is even available, maybe they're running on settings that cap the stake to £2 and everything is auto-collected - I really don't know.

£10 spins on a pub machine is pretty crazy if it is an option though....

I also noticed on the videos in spa's channel that the indicated payout on the screen went from 88% to 96% when he went up to the super bet stake.
How exactly do your pubs account for the fact someone might be about to clean out their £500 machine for £1800?! lolol
(09-19-2016, 02:47 PM)Chop Wrote: I've had a look at the videos of the machine on spa's channel, just so I'm clear on this, the super bet games seem to go into some sort of running 'win' pot and don't autocollect into the bank (credit).

So is it the case that you can keep playing super bets out of the 'win' pot until you bust out or hit the jackpot, hence you're not actually collecting anything thus are effectively forcing?

I haven't really paid much attention to the machine TBH so I'll have to go back and take a look at the ones we have here, to see if this super bet thing is even available, maybe they're running on settings that cap the stake to £2 and everything is auto-collected - I really don't know.

£10 spins on a pub machine is pretty crazy if it is an option though....

I also noticed on the videos in spa's channel that the indicated payout on the screen went from 88% to 96% when he went up to the super bet stake.

Yes.  96℅ of the 88℅ base game payout that is.

You have basically summed up the way to play these.  The super bet reduces the rtp to 0℅ until the machine feels able to pay out a jackpot, usually by rolling in haunted house bonus on £10 spins.

I wouldn't personally take this or its clones on, far too risky and they have one very nasty (admittedly rare) quirk of going to £495 or so then dropping to 0 and NOT coming back for another grand.   They are not 100℅ predictable and I'm sure that was a little coding trick against forcers.
LOL not exactly club class and co
Thanks for all the feedback and info chaps much appreciated :)

On balance I do not think I will be taking on the Haunted Houses of the IOM on £10 superbet spins :D

They're not exactly fun machines to play anyway, and with such huge loss potential, I'd far rather get locked into mortal combat with a good old-fashioned AWP.
In the days of S16 you could play these at £10 a spin on the base game, I went £250 in and it dropped the feature, this was on the chicken based one, but the feature on the haunted house is much the same.

Got £440 for my trouble and never really played it since , there is one shit one on £1 stake in a local arcade.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2p play club machine Jamesy 13 5,585 07-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Gambo
  Games on the terminals that dont play as good as they once did beaverlasvegas 4 2,070 05-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Last Post: russthebus
  Rainbow Riches : Compensated! ridye 29 12,431 02-08-2013, 02:12 AM
Last Post: luckybeast
  B3 Random/Compensated percentages & payouts explained.... Dave 5 4,726 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Comedydave
  Reason's why not to play fobt!!!! brownld 45 18,111 09-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Last Post: ridye