strangest or funniest barring from a pub!
During the days of DK I was asked not to play the machine and win by the landlord I said OK understand but I have just put £20 in so can you pls give me the £20 back as I am scared I will win. He gave me £20 from the till and I left. He did not know that I already had around £60.00 out.
Never had many issues with landlords in Oxford, mainly people that have lost and see me taking the cash out. I always brought the barperson a drink to be nice !!!
The following 2 users Like Lenty's post:
HoveSam, megastreaklover01
Especially if you wanted the £50 iou!
I never did the IOU thing and to be honest I always tried to leave about £5 in the machine. I did this hoping the machine would stay in place for longer.
One funny experience I had in Oxford city centre is that I followed a SPots around in 4 pubs for about a yr. The operator must have just moved the machines around.
I visited the machine every Wed night. Sat lunchtime and Monday nights these were such good times.
It's funny how some machines were virtual cashpoints isn't it. There was a Neptune's treasure that I would go back to every single day in London and the refill key came in handy although it was usually backing. And a Rapid Round that would cob megastreak for nothing in almost every Monday in my local for about three months.
rofl
Good days and if I remember correctly the DK's paid for me and my mates weekends. He was a few yrs younger than me so he was happy to do the visiting around Oxford and surrounding places looking for the DK's in return he had free nights out. The S-Pots paid for my Vauxhall Cavelier !!!!!
I did have one funny situation in a working men's club on a Club Super Blackjack. Was taking a few hundred quid every two weeks from it. Walked in one Sat afternoon for my payday visit and the barman walked over and said 'your fucked now, so I bet we won't be seeing you again mate, oh yes, by the way, don't try to renew your membership here we'll full !!' the machine had been changed.
I had my one beer as always purchased, so I walked over to the new machine put a few quid in and £100.00 win popped out, total 100% luck. pickup up the coins, finished my beer put the empty glass on the bar and said cya to the barman and walked out.

I did never go back and now it's housing.

Good times Wink
The following 2 users Like Lenty's post:
HoveSam, megastreaklover01
Mirth.

Barcrests of that era were great machines for those endowed with a decent size pair of spuds. If the machine had taken enough they were pretty happy to gamble a smallish win up to the jackpot amount. But you'd be going 2 or 3x on £50 wins to get there.

IIRC unlike BFMs they hated to gamble up the trail to the cash pot and would throw in the the triple bars/cashpot symbols fairly randomly.
(10-07-2019, 04:23 PM)Lenty Wrote: I did have one funny situation in a working men's club on a Club Super Blackjack. Was taking a few hundred quid every two weeks from it.

Good times Wink

What was the beef on that? I remember my 18 year old self rowing that in the local club. Shat myself if I ever got as high as Notation! Didn't realise I was probs rowing it for somebody else to have it out!
I think notation was only on blackjack club. Super blackjack club had something like note ladder in a similar position a couple before the cash pot.

But yes, if you tried to gamble up to the pot you'd invariably hear the dreaded

Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh....
(10-07-2019, 06:14 PM)Boulderdash Wrote: I think notation was only on blackjack club. Super blackjack club had something like note ladder in a similar position a couple before the cash pot.

But yes, if you tried to gamble up to the pot you'd invariably hear the dreaded

Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh....

Is that the noise you used to make when you knew you were going skint at the worst time and then someone would appears and take your money out making the noise mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?!
Wouldn't surprise me if you used to force for the cashpot and just left it!
Is that aimed at me?
Yes
Are you trying to be funny?
Well am I supposed to assume you used to play all machines to a high standard?

We know you were a super genius at nudging in lines and amazingly remembering what was 5 free games versus unlimited nudges.

We know you haven't had a scooby for a decade or two since.

Obv it is no big deal either way, but it would shock me more if you could play a game well tbh, even Donkey Kong you prob was holding down the start button!
Why would you assume that? I'm a basic casual who had some info over the years. There's no need to constantly try to put me down.
I guess I was balancing all your crowing about the lines, it was meant very light heartedly. But ok, if you see it like that I will stop.
It was never meant to be crowing. Just fond reminiscing
The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
HoveSam
@HoveSam @Boulderdash

YOU WOULDN'T LET IT LIE!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funniest Arcade barrings mr x 29 10,797 02-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Last Post: ridye
  Funniest ever gambling related moment Madabatfruits 25 8,493 06-16-2013, 08:53 AM
Last Post: lewispayne7
  I just received my first barring! Cf 18 5,853 03-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Last Post: s3349c06
  Funniest moments on a machine. doncaster ddr 15 5,224 01-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Evo1992
  Strangest machine found in pub? dondplayer1 33 9,831 12-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Last Post: PissheadPFC
  Funniest shit ever!!!! dondplayer1 0 773 12-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Last Post: dondplayer1
  Strangest thing in an arcade you have seen streakseims 11 4,480 07-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Last Post: dude_se