Common Slot Machine Questions
This was a nice little interesting watch.  Helped me understand things a bit more.

hmmm
He certainly looks like he's taken full advantage of the many all you can eat restaurants in Vegas.
Heres a question nobody asked...probably for a reason
are typical reel based games from say 2004 era or reel based deal or no deal games programming outcomes based on a compensated RNG type system?
It would be interesting to know if clubbers, pubbers, five pounders have all been working on essentially compensated RNGs, allbeit slightly less sophisticated ones
I want him to come to the UK and look at FOBTS
(04-18-2013, 04:38 PM)RainbowRuinedMe link Wrote: He certainly looks like he's taken full advantage of the many all you can eat restaurants in Vegas.

is that really relevant to the topic?
(04-18-2013, 09:37 PM)Billnye7 link Wrote: Heres a question nobody asked...probably for a reason
are typical reel based games from say 2004 era or reel based deal or no deal games programming outcomes based on a compensated RNG type system?
It would be interesting to know if clubbers, pubbers, five pounders have all been working on essentially compensated RNGs, allbeit slightly less sophisticated ones

DOND isn't RNG based, if they were they'd have a RNG fitted to them, and they don't.

Saying that thoguh the box contents seem to be fairly random ( how many times have you known it £20 board cost £1 stack, next board open/cob DOND, £4 stack & chucks in the £70 box).

COB is a different story, a few theories about that but thats changed over the years.
There's a difference between hardware RNG and software RNG.

A hardware RNG will be much more sophisticated, "more random", and harder to crack. You'll find these (or should do at least) attached to random slots.

DOND will just use a software RNG. In fact, all fruit machines have some elements of randomness in them somewhere so all machines will have a RNG of some description. These aren't as sophisticated, though that being said they're sufficient for the vast majority of uses. These can be predictable, but only with the very simplest of them, and even then you'd need to know the details of how they work.

As an example a DOND might have an internal timer and as soon as you press Play DOND it uses the value of that timer as a seed to the RNG. Assuming you knew that was how it worked, and had some way to know the value of the timer you could manipulate the machine into spinning in the jackpot box.

In reality though you wouldn't know how the RNG worked, and you wouldn't know the value of the timer. And the RNG is likely to be more sophisticated and would use other variables as seeds alongside the timer.

In that sense a software RNG is sufficiently random and secure.
Cheers for that MoF. In the Gatwick departure lounge shortly leaving for Vegas so topical for me. I've been doing my research. Surprised how poor the %age is on 1c machines out there so will be sticking to dollar slots (95-96% generally). Will have to try and sneak some vids for a My Day Vegas special!
slot machines = lost cash in me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JG Slots - Daily Slot & Pots AMK 15 1,138 07-08-2017, 10:59 PM
Last Post: AMK
Big Grin JG Slots - Slot Video Channel AMK 25 2,486 06-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Mr Move It
  classic maygay slot night live stream RETRO MACHINE 3 367 05-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Peko
  Slot Play on Another God Hades Peko 0 389 12-01-2016, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Peko
  10 Minute Live Slot Play! Peko 1 624 11-19-2016, 11:42 PM
Last Post: LookUp
Video DOND - The Big Deal [Home machine] MonkeyKing 14 5,266 04-13-2016, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mr Move It
  The Greatest Fruit Machine Player Question will be answered ..Tonight! streakseims 20 5,307 05-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Last Post: mr x
  Another New Fruit Machine for Me:) streakseims 20 5,087 11-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Last Post: moggy12379
  My New Fruit machine...Classic! streakseims 20 4,915 09-30-2011, 03:35 PM
Last Post: streakseims
  fruit machine sexed up jimmysnailshoes 11 3,225 07-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Last Post: simonw09