Fruit machines as money changers
I know this will be obvious to most of you but I thought it may be handy to have this posted.

This applies only to machines that allow you to collect out credits. Examples are:

Barcrest
Count Ya Cash, Take It Or Leave It, Take It Or Leave It Crazy Trails, On The Fiddle

Red Gaming
Hot Hot Hot, Safe Cracker

Bell Fruit
DOND Rapid Round, DOND Live, Monopoly Millionaires Row, DOND Pure Gold, Winfall

Reflex
Galloping Jackpots, Alice Queen Of Hearts

Electrocoin
Make a Mint

1. Change silver to pound coins.

So you've been buying drinks and food all night with notes and pound coins. You've got a pocket full of silver coins that you'd much rather change to pounds. Simply put £1 worth of silver into one of the previously mentioned machines. Now press collect - out comes a nice pound coin.

2. Change dirty pound coins.

You've got a dirty or filed pound coin that the bar staff are reluctant to take. Simply put this £1 into one of the previously mentioned machines. Now press collect - out comes a different, and hopefully cleaner, pound coin.

3. Change pound coins to £10 notes.

This relies on the machine in question having the newer type of note changer that both takes and pays out notes. It also relies on there being a £10 note in the machine to pay.

You've got a pocket full of pound coins you'd like to change for notes. Simply put £20 (see *) worth of your pound coins into one of the previously mentioned machines. Now press collect.

* - £11 for Barcrest/Red Gaming machines. Can be just £10 for some machines depending on software build

Hope you find this useful  :)

PS You can see how full these previously mentioned machines are by just putting pound coin after pound coin in until they start backing. Now press collect and get them all back - there is always the risk of hopper jam however.
Nice post :)

I've one more to add, which is even more obvious...

4. Change notes to coins

Put in your £10/£20 note and press collect. Out come coins. Useful if you're playing on a different machine that either doesn't have a note acceptor or a faulty one.
Taking of note pay, played a spank yesterday and got about 260 out of it.... 230 come out in notes! Was probably more in it!
Take me back to the paradice city where the drinks are free and the slots are pretty, oh wont you please take me home...yeaaaahhh
5) What happens when it goes wrong.

part A, subsection (i)

You put 81 pound in and it starts backing, you play a few credits and you spawn a £70 COB, leaving 76 in the credits and 70 in the bank, you press collect and the hopper jams, machine alarms, your in a pub 150miles from home and you won#t plan to be back here for a year, the barstaff consists of one moody bitch who reluctently takes you details and says they will ring once the engineer has come out.

Many other senarios but you get the idea, certainly one way to induce madness.
This thread needs deleting, sensitive info.  :)
(04-20-2015, 07:36 PM)mr x Wrote: so if i wonted to buy me own house as i have over 10k a year coming in would i get turned down as well
I changed up some pound coins very late at night.  The next morning my first machine was a Crazy Trails in a coffee shop, (Random, I know!) - So etiquette meant I bought a coffee...

...Then I walked up to the machine to find it didn't have a notey!!!  :o

Knew I would need at least 70 in coins so had to do a couple of other machines and come back!  lol
(07-01-2012, 06:12 PM)Roll_With_It_Russ link Wrote: 5) What happens when it goes wrong.

part A, subsection (i)

You put 81 pound in and it starts backing, you play a few credits and you spawn a £70 COB, leaving 76 in the credits and 70 in the bank, you press collect and the hopper jams, machine alarms, your in a pub 150miles from home and you won#t plan to be back here for a year, the barstaff consists of one moody bitch who reluctently takes you details and says they will ring once the engineer has come out.

Many other senarios but you get the idea, certainly one way to induce madness.

other scenario.... having fired in 40 odd quid in coins playing bank job... COIN MECH ERROR when u live 100miles away... engineer turns up and theres 40quid in credits lol... he well thought i was fiddlin :)
Initial post edited - two errors - one which I knew about and needed to check - the other I found out by accident. Firstly you need to put £20 in a Rapid Round/Live at step 3 - I needed to check if it was £20 or £21. Secondly Devil of a Deal and clones do not let you collect out credits.
777 cabs are good to go for £20s. Changed up £800 in a couple of units the other day :)

I guess if you really and I mean really wanted a bash on a 777 cab. Play the one with the most £20s in. Technically, it's not paid out. Both units we used didn't run out, another unit had none in at all.
went into a pub on saturday bought half coke..went to tioli. notey off..asked for 40 ones at bar..only gave me 20...so left my drink ran to the premier news agents and got another 20 went back took a 50 box. left it with about 80 in it finished my drink and just about got barred....first ever visit to this pub hammer
The following 1 user Likes goldenx's post:
megastreaklover01
(12-13-2012, 05:55 PM)goldenx link Wrote: went into a pub on saturday bought half coke..went to tioli. notey off..asked for 40 ones at bar..only gave me 20...so left my drink ran to the premier news agents and got another 20 went back took a 50 box. left it with about 80 in it finished my drink and just about got barred....first ever visit to this pub hammer

You wouldn't of needed that other 20 then - but you weren't to know that - you could have thrown all 20 in and then gone over the road if needed (which you wouldn't have)
(12-13-2012, 05:55 PM)goldenx link Wrote: went into a pub on saturday bought half coke..went to tioli. notey off..asked for 40 ones at bar..only gave me 20...so left my drink ran to the premier news agents and got another 20 went back took a 50 box. left it with about 80 in it finished my drink and just about got barred....first ever visit to this pub hammer

Not to try and be negative, but in my past experience, notey off usually means hopper empty i.e. Not worth playing.

Filled a machine once with about 75 in coins to get sweet fa, notey wasnt working at start then as leaving i noticed the lights on the notey working. Couldnt do anything as card hit max cash withdrawal limit for the day (limit of £300 but used on other stuff) and it was 7pm so banks shut.

Went home then it hit me, the fucker was deffo empty. Nothing could do at that stage so if i ever see a machine i want to risk and the notey is off, i always shy away.

P.s. If im doing anything wrong there, feel free to p.m me  :)
The following 1 user Likes Comedydave's post:
megastreaklover01
(12-14-2012, 12:34 PM)dondplayer link Wrote: [quote author=goldenx link=topic=7221.msg104459#msg104459 date=1355421342]
went into a pub on saturday bought half coke..went to tioli. notey off..asked for 40 ones at bar..only gave me 20...so left my drink ran to the premier news agents and got another 20 went back took a 50 box. left it with about 80 in it finished my drink and just about got barred....first ever visit to this pub hammer

You wouldn't of needed that other 20 then - but you weren't to know that - you could have thrown all 20 in and then gone over the road if needed (which you wouldn't have)
[/quote]

yeah i just wanted to make sure i had got enough on me before i started as they were wary of me not been local and just popping in for that. another unit was light out too but luckily lit 27 in. had a star wars there too notey also off so not sure if they float them low. and sometimes if notey is off i will still play for a board found a family guy notey off about 7 quid for a board 4 quid stack cob 20 quid and walked :)
I use FOBT's to change up coins to notes - changed £200+ up this week without it costing a penny lol
(12-22-2012, 10:52 AM)megastreaklover01 link Wrote: I use FOBT's to change up coins to notes - changed £200+ up this week without it costing a penny lol

Tried that many years ago and got accused of money laundering.

The following 1 user Likes spa's post:
megastreaklover01
Original post updated :)

Thread seems to have lost it's sticky though Sad
Electrocoin Make a Mint. Also the coin thing works for the following Reflex piles of shit: Galloping Jackpots and Alice Queen Of Hearts. I'm not sure you can convert to notes though, don't think so.
PLUS EEVEE!!!!!
have noticed that but they only spit out 10ers nightmare to judge if keying also if a collection has just been made they take all the notes so you get a pocket of coins again
Original post updated. A lot of Bell Fruit machines have now reverted to the system of paying £10 in coins, then £10 notes, then any remainder in coins.
I think Fiddle a Fanny by Reflex does it too, but haven't confirmed it
PLUS EEVEE!!!!!
The following 1 user Likes Slasher's post:
megastreaklover01

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Britain's number one fruit... Boulderdash 8 493 08-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Last Post: kfcandanal
  Spread betting demands no more skill than playing a fruit machine. Boulderdash 3 350 06-26-2017, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Quizard
  Worst music / fuck up on a fruit Boulderdash 10 1,369 02-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Mr Move It
  Stupid things you have seen a fruit machine do Sebastian 54 14,918 02-21-2017, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Matt Vinyl
  Machines that fuck up ( to your advantage ) dazzler 35 7,278 12-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Boydie
  Derren Brown Fruit Machine Guy ridye 13 2,664 11-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Boulderdash
  Are the machines leaving our public houses? FT Article. Brindmeister 49 9,157 09-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Last Post: LookUp
  A slight twist on the fruit machine idea Mr Move It 5 1,271 09-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mr Move It
  Fruit Machine firsts. 6099john 15 4,361 06-24-2016, 11:40 PM
Last Post: levartemit
  The origin of 5-reel slot machines? Mr Move It 25 7,241 04-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: vectra666