Mark On Fires 2012 Gambling Diary
Sorry to hear Mark.  But look on the bright side, you're not in debt (which is a horrible place to be) and if I can stay on here pretty much gamble free (apart from my controlled gamble once a month) then you should be able to manage it too eventually  drink

But events like that do put things in perspective fairly quickly.
best thing to do is have lock down on gambling when business slows, know several people who have done big money during quiet times.
Cheers guys.  I understand that when I have to I know when not to gamble and that time is now.  In a way this could be good for me long term just hope I can get myself back in order job wise soon.

I won't go on about anymore.
everyone always says dont bring cards with you, etc, but in my case when on the 70s its nice to have one as sometimes you just run short of cash, and a) its horrible to leave it gagging for someone else, and b) no one wants a loss.

however you always seem to play the 500s, so the realistic solution is to withdraw what your happy to gamble with for the day, and leave the cards at home. the 500s are "random", so they wont ever be "ready", which is why i find it hard to walk away, and im sure others to too.

the next problem, which will be the death of me, is when i have a nice geeze, and win a bit of money, and all is well. ill either then want to continue my geezing as it wasnt enough, or ill get greedy and try and make more profit, which will either result in playing dead machines/500s, or just gambling stupidly. both usually result in a loss unless i get spawny.

what im hoping to do now that im travelling a lot is to set myself a target every day. im going to start with £20 (profit to make). with potentially 3 servos on my route every day, thats a crap load of machines. all id need is a handful of machines to give me a couple of quid profit every day. that would be £80 profit a week, which would pay for all my fuel. its easier said than done though sadly. my biggest problem is discipline. if i wasnt such a greedy twat i recon i would be about £5k up from gambling in my lifetime, instead of that much or more in the minus.
Good on you MOF I was pretty much in a same situation I'm self employed and work hard for my money also but the £500's was ruining me I could easy been saving hundreds a week for savings and for when days are grey but was fucking myself up. I'm lucky in the sense that business will never be bad for us in the near future but he last few weeks of staying away from the £500's and reading other people's unfortunate story's just keeps me more determined to stay away. Ive posted profits since 1st january but if i was machining it id guess myself to be £500/ £1000 down as im sure i wouldnt of won anything. Instead im sat with nearly 2k in the bank so i can afford to pay off my creditcard i ran up for gambling. Can you still make a few quid from the £70's to keep the urge of staying off the £500 pieces of crap?
monstak/scotty: I ain't got any urge whatsoever to play 500's.  I'm not sat at home with the shacks I've got a few grand in the bank to spend if desired but the next few weeks are important to how that money will be used.

Good man I hope the work sorts itself out for your family
Just a little update:

Nothing touched since my last punt on the 7th.

Next punt could be in a couple of weeks if all goes well.
i see your avatar blew all his pocket money on RR!  lol
Lovin the Av lol
(04-20-2015, 07:36 PM)mr x Wrote: so if i wonted to buy me own house as i have over 10k a year coming in would i get turned down as well
That was me the other morning actually, I had loads of 10p and 5p coins in my pocket so I shoved them all in the vending machine at the train station and pressed the refund button hoping out would pop a couple of 50p coins or a nice single £1 coin - Gave me back about 75% of what I put in still in 5p and 10p coins then stole the rest  :o
(01-16-2012, 11:37 PM)ridye link Wrote: That was me the other morning actually, I had loads of 10p and 5p coins in my pocket so I shoved them all in the vending machine at the train station and pressed the refund button hoping out would pop a couple of 50p coins or a nice single £1 coin - Gave me back about 75% of what I put in still in 5p and 10p coins then stole the rest  :o
is that the same one you raped all that free stuff out of? payback maybe lolol
(01-16-2012, 11:39 PM)dude_se link Wrote: [quote author=ridye link=topic=4733.msg52285#msg52285 date=1326757069]
That was me the other morning actually, I had loads of 10p and 5p coins in my pocket so I shoved them all in the vending machine at the train station and pressed the refund button hoping out would pop a couple of 50p coins or a nice single £1 coin - Gave me back about 75% of what I put in still in 5p and 10p coins then stole the rest  :o
is that the same one you raped all that free stuff out of? payback maybe lolol
[/quote]
Same company provide it mate, so they added a face recognition to their others so that's why it nicked his dosh
I once had 14k in the bank (redundancy)  and blew it all in 6 months (as well as paying for rent etc when out of work),this was 2008 just as the recession kicked in.  I thought sod it im bound to get another job next week, but i never did, not for about 8 months afterwards.  This is just a warning that it can happen, I just got more and more crazy, I  had put half in my savings account and half in my current account and on bad days I was drawing 300 from both accounts and blowing the lot.  Wasted life & very stupid.  Hope you can stay away from this path. 

14k seems a nice lump don't it, but yup when your not working fuck does that money piss away if you just gambling to pass the time.
Too true lads.  If you don't focus on getting through the tough times you can soon flutter away any money that would get you through it.  Got some work coming back in but it's very patchy at the moment and not sure if it will be enough.  Just agreed to cut my wage in half which gives me enough to cover my bills and food money which for me is fine.
Good luck 2 u Mark...hope it all goes well for ya! Remember the only 2 winners on machines are the owners and the people who keep off them to begin with! I know the overwhelming urge to win mega money is difficult to lose but u gotta remember they are all there to take money not give it to anyone and the £500's are the worst at that  :'( because they are "random" they never have to pay at any given time so they can just suck hundreds like in ur case before they pay anything. The "professionals" think they are big but the best professionals know when the game is over!
I very rarely play £500's - only the £70's and the smaller jackies mostly cos I don't wanna do my arse in my lunch break! One month I decided to kick machines out and bought a flatscreen TV and PS3 - best £600 I spent for ages! (not that I played on £500's then but wanted to buy something rather than give the arcade owner all my cash for nothing!)
I know u would like it back but to have a chance it would mean u would have to risk even more on £500's to win enough to make a decent dent in that huge loss and walk away if u did win rather than trying to get more and just losing every penny u had! Wouldn't u rather buy something for ur cash than waste £100's an hour? I think I would lol  :) and just think it nearly ruined ur life - it's not just money u can play with and not care if u lose, its major bucks ur losing there!
Cheers.

Now 2 weeks without gambling a penny.  Wondering how much I'll spend in York next week.
Well I spent £0 on machines at the Liverpool meet so it can be done  lol

I think I'm more interested in actually finding out what is what in York as it is on my doorstep yet never visit that often
(01-21-2012, 01:24 PM)ridye link Wrote: Well I spent £0 on machines at the Liverpool meet so it can be done  lol

I think I'm more interested in actually finding out what is what in York as it is on my doorstep yet never visit that often

It's very unlikely I'll play any pub fruits.  Servos ? Arcades ? most likely last resort bookies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Betcom repeat diary ob 21 3,696 04-21-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post: turbovamp
  Betcom "Thats Your Lot" Diary kong 33 5,172 04-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Last Post: JG Sluts
  My diary 2017 - is there still money in pub machines and my mission to stay offline jerz92 140 19,036 03-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: jerz92
  Note mech error diary kong 44 13,427 01-11-2017, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Boydie
  Diary Of a Compulsive James Petherick Carter 543 105,894 11-28-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: templeoftreasure
  my diary 2015 mr x 11 4,502 05-23-2015, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Neil2013
  Damo0666's 2013 diary. Damo 263 59,485 03-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Damo
  Your gambling year yemonty 19 7,380 12-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Last Post: dwa36
  dsk's Diary. dsk 15 6,516 11-11-2014, 04:15 PM