fao of admin and mods, just an idea to get more members for the site
when you put in  Jackpotty Forums into google, you see the following:
Warning! Only registered members are allowed to access this section. Please login below or register an account with Jackpottyforums. Login ..

and when you get into Jackpotty Forums, you then see:
WARNING!
Only registered members are allowed to access this section.
Please login below or register an account with Jackpottyforums

is there a chance it can be more friendly and maybe put the word free, so for example register for free in seconds or register an account with Jackpottyforums for free

as people may get put off by the big Warning and the emphasis on registered members or they may think there is a subscription
very good point there jimmynailshoes, but, does it also encourage people to want to take a look ??? so they register  >:D , gambo will be along soon aswell.  drink
I'm having a little problem with this at the moment, I'm struggling with the guests permissions, everytime I open the board up to guests to view unregistered spammers somehow are able to post on the forum. I opened it just last week and within an hour a dating site spammer hit us, just a few weeks ago I opened it up and Steely had to deal with 3 or 4 spammers that's when I realised it was something to do with the board security and guests.

I'm in all night tonight so once the kids have settled I'll have another look.
(12-15-2011, 06:21 PM)Gambo link Wrote: I'm having a little problem with this at the moment, I'm struggling with the guests permissions, everytime I open the board up to guests to view unregistered spammers somehow are able to post on the forum. I opened it just last week and within an hour a dating site spammer hit us, just a few weeks ago I opened it up and Steely had to deal with 3 or 4 spammers that's when I realised it was something to do with the board security and guests.

how dare you put your kids before potty!  :-[ lol

im assuming potty comes up somewhere on google when looking for fruit forums, so yea, would be nice if it had a nice description on google. thats what i generally use to decide what sites i visit.
(12-15-2011, 06:21 PM)Gambo link Wrote: I'm having a little problem with this at the moment, I'm struggling with the guests permissions, everytime I open the board up to guests to view unregistered spammers somehow are able to post on the forum. I opened it just last week and within an hour a dating site spammer hit us, just a few weeks ago I opened it up and Steely had to deal with 3 or 4 spammers that's when I realised it was something to do with the board security and guests.

It's probably due to an older version of SMF mate, as said before, I don't mind helping or even moving the lot to the newer SMF if you want to, I'd obviously need access to a backup, then I'd set a clone of the forum up on my server and make sure the update works flawlessly on there first

Let me know if you want a hand there
PLUS EEVEE!!!!!
That sounds like a plan mate, I'll mail you a backup tonight see what magic you can work  drink
(12-15-2011, 07:30 PM)Gambo link Wrote: That sounds like a plan mate, I'll mail you a backup tonight see what magic you can work  drink
Ok mate, will do it over the weekend when you lot are leaving me behind while you go and smash liverpool  :'(
PLUS EEVEE!!!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  this site mr x 2 81 06-20-2017, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Peko
  Site error? Matty 10 342 05-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gambo
  Site logo poll... Damo 58 9,741 08-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Slasher
  Members Damo 20 3,764 06-16-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Slasher
  Site Logo dude_se 42 7,579 06-08-2016, 01:56 AM
Last Post: Peko
  does anyone know anything about car seat mods ? silent g 3 760 04-17-2015, 01:01 AM
Last Post: ittle ottle
  non members Damo 11 2,176 02-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Last Post: steelfix1
  Members Damo 37 5,513 10-24-2014, 10:06 PM
Last Post: ittle ottle
  bid site jimmysnailshoes 2 596 12-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Last Post: bishman
  What's wrong with the site? RainbowRuinedMe 7 1,349 07-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Last Post: keykeythe1