Category B3 gone to pot?
(04-02-2019, 08:01 PM)ridye Wrote: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47792709

That's pissed on their bonfire!

Shame I think the cycling theme would have been fun!
How would sanctions work re betfred and paddy power? are we thinking stake limits across all shops to below a certain number, say £50, or not allowed to use FOBTs for say, 6 months? or monetary sanctions?
They have blatantly tried to circumvent the laws (we have 3 betfreds in Weymouth, one every 100m through a single street in town) this seems akin to the £675 jackpot on 25 line on the old S16's that 1 company tried to do.
I'd love to see the sanction be All their faulties turned off for 6 months so they know to not try and get fucking clever again.
The following 1 user Likes HoveSam's post:
Slasher
Okies, update for you guys: I have self-excluded myself from the 4 main shops in the Stafford town centre.  The exclusion is effective for a year.

https://self-exclusion.co.uk

It's with regret that I had to do it as I'll miss a lot of the games (e.g. Thai Flower), but the B3 category has been playing terribly since January.  So I needed to nip it in the bud by removing the temptation of going back into those 4 shops before I incur constant losses for much longer.

Financially I'm fine as I have just 1 credit card with £17 on it (rarely goes over £100) which is paid off monthly by direct debit, no loans, no overdraft, I have £4000 in savings, a house half paid for and my credit rating is 996 (the max that you can have is 999).

So it's not because of problem gambling that I've self-excluded for, but it's the principle.  From 2010 to 2018, I had a lot of fun playing on B3 machines.  I would be up by a few hundred pounds or down by a few hundred pounds, usually down because of the house edge.  2014 was my best run by being £1200 up that year.  Category B3 died on 1st January 2019.  It was time to let it gooooooooooo, let it gooooooooooo.

I will still play on normal fruit machines and participate on Jackpotty, just not on the £100 jackpots as I never got on with those.  I'll just play on cat D and cat C up to early £70 era, mainly machines that got given the upgrade from £35 to £70 e.g. the Crazy Chair.  Fairgrounds are a good place to find these machines.

I also have an online gambling account with a £50 per month limit imposed which I've stuck with for a year.
Fair fucks to you kid. I did the same but ended up rowing FOBTs in bookies out of town so bear this in mind if you go away anywhere. You sound like you’re in control though pal. Gotta say though the profile has changed so much, they offer so many dead spins now, and then you might get a £30+ win that you’re probably gonna pie anyway and lose. And the percentages are all 88% on most stakes. Maybe 90 on £2 if you’re lucky!
The following 1 user Likes Moff's post:
Mr Move It
Move It - Fuck how did you get so deep you degenerate? That is a sad tale of a crazy roller coaster obsessed with out of control punting, I'm glad you have decided to take action now, it's a shame you had to fall so low to come to this realisation.
They seem to have reworked the games to pay so little in the base game and regular triggers, so the punter's almost forced into gambling the wins for a decent number of free spins or cash amount. And i'm not sure I fully trust those gambles. From what i've seen they seem almost compensated, poorly at that.

Having said that I did see Gon Yung Man absolutely having it off in Loughborough Cashino the other night on fortune favors mega spins.
They've tightened the pwofile on this, it hates the britzes dunnit?
The following 1 user Likes jerz92's post:
megastreaklover01
(05-07-2019, 06:29 AM)HoveSam Wrote: Move It -  Fuck how did you get so deep you degenerate? That is a sad tale of a crazy roller coaster obsessed with out of control punting, I'm glad you have decided to take action now, it's a shame you had to fall so low to come to this realisation.

To be fair he was floating on odds greater than winning the lottery twice in a row with his £40 or less bonuses on Thai Flower/Princess!
The following 1 user Likes ridye's post:
HoveSam
I got £4 from eye of Horus feature. My mate got 0 from a feature on a different game. Imagine getting pots on rainbow riches and they add a Lose pot on there just to fit in with the crowd
megastreaklover01
@Moff - thanks. Yes the operator that I spoke to from Self Exclude said that I can add shops if I come across any more of them. Thankfully I'm not very mobile being sensory impaired (sight loss and hearing loss) and so I'm not road-legal. Any slice of temptation would instead be from train stations with AWPs in them, but because they're £100 jackers, I usually just ignore them.

Also @Moff, very familiar story there with Eye of Horus. That's always been my least favourite slot, although I have given it a fair few chances. I bonused it once and it gave all of the tablets except for the last one and it went for 10x on £1 stake!
Train Station slots all seems to be on 70 or 72% I don’t blame you. And when I had no car and was using trains a lot I found I did much better as I wasn’t just driving aimlessly And doing brains!
Mr Move It