Etiquette
Hello.
I have a very general question to all.
Is there some fruit machine etiquette where one is supposed to leave 5p in credit, or a 1p or 2p above the the start reel to signify and warn other “players” that the machine has just been “done”, that I should know about and respect?
Spill half pint of cider over the buttons to ensure they are super sticky.
Why would it be in their interest? Be more helpful to a player whos just done a machine to have some other bozo come up and refill it surely?
Really? How would anyone know/understand for sure. Seen plenty of loose change near or on fruit machines which usually signals someones emptied their pockets and left in disgust imo. Empty coin bags on floor seem interesting to me too. Even if coins were some sort of a tell how would u know how long they would stay afterwards, probably get scooped up. As for 5p in machine someone will probably think they'd get a discount and add 20p. I dont think players have a code of conduct, probably why they get barred so much. No honour among thieves and all that. Most players dont even bother putting an extra quid in to avoid the last win 100
(06-20-2018, 09:05 PM)Top Tramp Wrote: Hello.
I have a very general question to all.
Is there some fruit machine etiquette where one is supposed to leave 5p in credit, or a 1p or 2p above the the start reel to signify and warn other “players” that the machine has just been “done”, that I should know about and respect?

At one time the coppers above the start button meant 'checked and wrecked' so yes to your question.

Now it means 'done my boll*cks but at least you won't win much if you play this game' lol
The following 3 users Like dondplayer's post:
adamtheaddict, HoveSam, megastreaklover01
Maybe it would be helpful if people popped a little post-it note on the corner of the machine with a note of their wins or losses to helpfully warn the next player who comes on the machine?
lol
Takes long enough already to get served in spoons without staff having the extra task of sweeping up piles of notes 3 times a day with words like 'wrapped twice, 70 down' writtten on em & then wasting more time trying to work out what 'shoelocked homes is a discgrease' means ;)
The following 3 users Like adamtheaddict's post:
jerz92, paggamaggaloo, Top Tramp
rofl
1p 2p coins left on the machine is just a sign that a punter was looking for the last of his change in my opinion.
Marching on together
glass of piss poured in the payout try used to mean someone did their bollocks on it
coppers shoved into the note mech usually means you're onto a winner too
A reserved board stick on a machine because they have done brains till they have been to work the next day
I find the best machines are the ones to approach with a small puddle of tears over the start button.
(06-21-2018, 07:52 PM)Top Tramp Wrote: I find the best machines are the ones to approach with a small puddle of tears over the start button.

Yes mate you keep believing they're tears lol
Saw a 50p in the 'deep end' of a trough urinal in a packed busy pub a while back. never played the machine being that it was located right next to a loud rock band that had just started playing. Don't know if it was a warning between friends though if it was it probably didnt work anyway since someone had it away within 20 minutes.
What does this mean?

“This machine is DES encrypted”?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Also there is no note acceptor. Just a black piece of plastic where it should be.

*comes back with a bagful of £1 coins*
(06-22-2018, 05:25 PM)Top Tramp Wrote: What does this mean?

“This machine is DES encrypted”?

It unfortunately means during your play Des Lynham will be doing a running commentary of your games. Bit off putting tbh.
The following 2 users Like Tommo's post:
Gambo, Mr Move It
It means des o connors running this one, take your pick five quid mate
The following 1 user Likes Hungryant's post:
megastreaklover01
WHY DID YOU ONLY CAPITALISE des?