Betting giants dirty secrets
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ation.html

Online gambling firms reveal how they cynically harvest customers' information and lure them with personalised promos as they bid to exploit vulnerable punters
Ed.

AKA Boulderdash
Idea yeah sounds bad cuz its gambling but i once, once bought a pizza from dominos by home delivery on my mobile. Now im bombarded with texts. I think u get this in all industries. It daily mail thats bad, i mean terms like harvesting makes u think of organs, it aint that bad. Cant they just bang on about diana anymore
What Hungryant said.

In fact, it's not even what you buy, but what you search for.  E.g. I search for SSDs on Amazon, and 1 day later I start getting emails from Amazon about SSDs.  Then I go an buy one from eBay, but I carry on getting ads from Amazon which is annoying because I now already got a sodding SSD :P

The answer to this though will be some form of tracking protection.  Lots of ways to implement it i.e. private browsing.  Just need to find what works best and permanently.

It is rather 1984 isn't it?

[Image: 3HTfzLZ.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Mr Move It's post:
Toastie
If i try searching for something, even if it has 5 million search results, I find Google just forces the same dozen or so down my throat no matter what I do?!

Used to be able to find cheaper prices for things and a wide range of places to purchase from, now it is just what the sellers have paid to always come near the front of the search/way your computer is tracked?!!

Seriously starting to despise Google!
A good one is bet 365 sending me the text. 'We havnt seen u for a while'.... Have some free spins etc. Oh booking.com keep on telling me its time for my next trip.
(04-02-2018, 05:49 PM)Toastie Wrote: If i try searching  for something, even if it has 5 million search results, I find Google just forces the same dozen or so down my throat no matter what I do?!

Used to be able to find cheaper prices for things and a wide range of places to purchase from, now it is just what the sellers have paid to always come near the front of the search/way your computer is tracked?!!

Seriously starting to despise Google!

You answered your own question lol

All about money. Bit annoying really. Means some of the cheaper/better sites might slip through the net as generally you get bored quite quickly scrolling through google.

Just all about the right keywords and patience online. Tons of great things on the internet, just sometimes not as easy to find as they should be.
(04-02-2018, 07:34 PM)Hungryant Wrote: A good one is bet 365 sending me the text. 'We havnt seen u for a while'.... Have some free spins etc. Oh booking.com keep on telling me its time for my next trip.
These type of emails really aggravate me.  'Ooh Mystery Plum, we miss you...we haven't seen you for a while...we've handpicked these slots just for you...'  Fuck right off, you don't even fucking know me.  I haven't logged onto your site because I don't want to.  Fuck off and leave me alone.

'We know you're dying to go back...It's time to book your next trip to Vegas...'  No it fucking isn't.  I've only just got back, I've still got jet-lag and the clothes I took with me aren't even out of the washing machine yet.  Fuck off and leave me alone once again.
The following 1 user Likes Mystery_Plum's post:
megastreaklover01

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Betting firms to be fined Boulderdash 2 311 09-13-2017, 06:40 PM
Last Post: russthebus
  Spread betting demands no more skill than playing a fruit machine. Boulderdash 3 967 06-26-2017, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Quizard
  secrets out ring sting 5 1,785 01-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Last Post: ring sting
  How many betting shops? Tommo 12 3,055 06-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Last Post: steelfix1
  Not after any secrets just a simple yes or no would be suffice. exibizarep 49 10,716 02-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SmegHead