Pet peeve
Could have been worse and got 6 flats on the spin for a painful walk!
Nice wrap.
It was that day, ended up in the Grosvenor and won 3k on blackjack from last 400!
(01-29-2018, 03:03 PM)Boulderdash Wrote: They should just pay out in coins. Much easier. Almost never error...

Agree to an extent, if in a spoons or something.
But when you got one of thise tinny sounding trays that bbbbbbbaaaaarrrrrrbbbbaaaaarrrrriiiiiaaannnnnns seems to use these days (yeah holding your hand helps a bit but not much) it can be an absolute nightmare.

A pub i rarely visit, about 40 miles away had one. Busy night full of all the locals -about 30 guys and 2 women, along with both the owners riggt behind us at the bar.
Not a big pub so at least 20 guys within 10mtrs, 10 of them within 3mtrs who all know each other and obviously many of which had lost a few quid in it already.

Somehow cost 65 max to cave for the big rollover, which obviously took no time at all on that game. 
suprising nobody noticed the game doing its disco light jackpot theme for the age it took to clock up... though my friend kind of tried to cover it while leaning lol.
 Of course,, we had used tens and it was a 20 payout. Its a kind of town that is so full of dirty freaks that few of them prolly have a 20 to put in it anyway.
Every penny received in an earth shattering manner in coins due to the metallic sound. Collected bit by bit with putting back in the odd quid after collect to slowly finish the pint and also look like we playing/putting some of the collects back in each time.
Had over half a pint to kill so was hoping the next tune or two on the jukebox would have some kind of bass and loudness to it, but unfortunately some guy had picked tunes you'd hear on magic fm's late nightlove anthems.

Eventually got it out when nearing the end of the pint, barmaid instantly asked us to change them up. Wasnt gonna throw 150 on the table so gave her 50. Only realized the owners were right behind us at the corner of the bar the entire time when they thanked us for our custom as we put empty glasses on the bar.
Normally the jukebox runs out just as you are about to collect there and you can feel everyone staring at you and muttering to each other!
The following 2 users Like Toastie's post:
adamtheaddict, paggamaggaloo
what amuses me is when "Keith" or "John" go out of their way to stagger past several times, pint in hand at 10AM whilst you're playing and muttering something along the lines of "machine always wins" or "better ways to spend your money". Even funnier when the machine's a phoning time or an all there power!! Those situations I enjoy the sound of the coins paying out, just so I can give him a little wink and thumbs up on my way out!
The following 1 user Likes jerz92's post:
adamtheaddict
Erm for that scenario I think you'd be talking "Marty" or "the Doc" more than "Keith" or "John"!!!!
(01-30-2018, 10:39 AM)Toastie Wrote: Erm for that scenario I think you'd be talking "Marty" or "the Doc" more than "Keith" or "John"!!!!
It freaks me out the amount of times a song on the jukebox stops just as you're about to press collect. Makes me feel that there's such as thing as a malevolent deity laughing at me
The following 1 user Likes paggamaggaloo's post:
adamtheaddict
At least Betcoms are silent about the inevitable notey jam. Could you imagine if it used the BFM reel error alarm..
The following 1 user Likes kidgloves's post:
megastreaklover01
Uh-oh ewwor, uh-oh ewwor
The following 1 user Likes JG vs SG's post:
adamtheaddict
(01-30-2018, 05:04 PM)kidgloves Wrote: At least Betcoms are silent about the inevitable notey jam. Could you imagine if it used the BFM reel error alarm..

I had a JJ that made an incredible racket of a jesters laugh upon note erroring, which was excellent in a fire pub.
(01-30-2018, 11:14 AM)paggamaggaloo Wrote: It freaks me out the amount of times a song on the jukebox stops just as you're about to press collect. Makes me feel that there's such as thing as a malevolent deity laughing at me

Bit like when a train goes quiet just as you loudly say cunt into your phone
Would you rather have the inconspicuousness of paying out in £20s at risk of it note erroring, or Everyone staring at you as you collect 300 coins from a power up in the middle of a Fire pub?