Pet peeve
Rowing a Betcom with tenners to have it pay out in twenties and have none in it.
Now the manu's are getting more confident with the security of note recyclers and so many more have switched to £20 payout. 
I've had to start making a list of what unit's pay what so I don't lose a ton's worth of tenners for no reason in a twenty pound payout unit.
Don't think I have ever been caught with a note error on £20, prob just coz they are alot rarer.

So long as you get paid out I couldn't care less.

The worst part of those games is the sweat collecting?!
Loads of £20 recyclers here now. Regal went round changing them all. Do seem much more reliable
Same where I am. Tenner ones are quite rare now, and yeah I've yet to have an issue with the £20 ones
Famous last words! Who's going to be first for the dubious honour of a betcom stealing a £20...
The following 1 user Likes kong's post:
megastreaklover01
First you gotta win enough to have a £20 paid out and that’s hard these days lol (or of course put £200 in for mega streak lol)
(01-28-2018, 01:40 PM)kong Wrote: Famous last words! Who's going to be first for the dubious honour of a betcom stealing a £20...

Already had that a while back!!!
I was only thinking earlier Today I've only ever found one machine that pays twenties - all the others are tens which seems to be the opposite to what's said above.

I don't risk it erroring anymore (well rarely play them anyway) - I play with coins and twenties so it spits out coins and the only tens would be someone elses.
There was a treasure island in my local last year that paid out £20s and transferred credit in £2s.
Just weird
Started to change to £20's round my way. I did have 1 nick a £20 on LALP over a year ago, the only error I've had from a £20 payer.
Got done by this friday night. 3 games in a row, one was regal. Went from 0 to 250+ coins in the pocket within 3 hours, Nice. Probably going to error on the next person if they also put a load of tens in it and try to collect only to get paid in whats left of the coins.

Lost many a twenty due to the error and reset where the bank had been relieved of the 20 but it never appearing due to the error.

Had a few 20 payouts go tits up in the last few weeks, most recently one at a place that owes 100 ish that they said (despite witnessing it everytime) that the engineer sais the machine is fine.
This time it was 50 quid, totalling that one pub iou's to 150+.
Fat stumpy pricky of a manager who actually kept his word this time, called us 2 days ago which was suprising. But only to let us know the engineer had once again come out, and that there is nothing wrong with the machine (some 60 odd left in the bank when it ran out of notes and and switched to coin payout, losing the first 20 as usual and then errors when after attempting to pay out more than 10 coins)

was pretty drunk recently while watching a friend fire quids into one for a while to lighten his pocket only to find the notey wouldnt accept notes when eventually trying one . When collecting, without thinking to spin a credit each time and take all money in coins... he naturally pressed collect for the 2nd time and it obviously locked up due to the notey having a problem.
A reset worked fine (should have done that to begin with tbh) only when it came back on instead of the expected 20 dissapearing, he lost £19.99, because some twat had wedged 1p into it and thats what it spat out.
Always check for pennies near me lol

Can't risk collecting notes most of the time despite recording payouts coz the noteys get boobytrapped.
The following 1 user Likes Toastie's post:
adamtheaddict
Most Spoons round me are on £20 payout now
Just seen a power up on £20 payouts too.  A first
Don't think I've seen a power on £20 yet.
I guess we might perceive less note errors on £20 payout just because it;s paying out a notes half as many times. Not had any £20 errors myself yet. Still dirty as fook that they haven't made any effort to update the software not to count the missing £20 in the event of an error.
How hard could it be to program the software to reduce the balance by £20 after the note has been paid completely - unlike now where it seems the balance is reduced by £20 as soon as you hit collect and then it can't account for the error.
The following 3 users Like kidgloves's post:
adamtheaddict, megastreaklover01, Toastie
(01-29-2018, 09:05 AM)kidgloves Wrote: I guess we might perceive less note errors on £20 payout just because it;s paying out a notes half as many times. Not had any £20 errors myself yet. Still dirty as fook that they haven't made any effort to update the software not to count the missing £20 in the event of an error.
How hard could it be to program the software to reduce the balance by £20 after the note has been paid completely - unlike now where it seems the balance is reduced by £20 as soon as you hit collect and then it can't account for the error.

It's slightly more complicated than that because it could be manipulated into 'apparently' note erroring over and over. Other things that could be done though such as revert to coins in/out after error or pay in full then error until either engineer arrives or until been off for x hours could be done I guess.
No matter how complicated it is its utterly unacceptable that they don't work properly. When they encounter a problem they should log it against an audit of cash in / out. Engineer should immediately be able to see how many notes the machine thinks it has, and how many it actually has. Oh look, there's one more than there should be and the expected float doesn't match cash in and out. "Note belongs to punter, do not put in back pocket."

If, as suggested above, the way they work is deliberate a fraud protection measure then the methodology used is something you couldn't even make up! Lets relentlessly defraud the average player to protect ourselves against fraud? In these days of gambling regulation someone is going to come for these fuckers one day soon...
The following 4 users Like kong's post:
adamtheaddict, danielj, paggamaggaloo, Toastie
They should just pay out in coins. Much easier. Almost never error...
Made the opposite mistake today, playing a corn with 20s and after wrapping it 3 times, out spew 150 pound coins. Lovely