FOBT stake reduction under threat
(05-17-2018, 11:12 AM)ridye Wrote: By the end of 2019 is ridiculous!

With regards the roulette, it'll just become 'gamble your winnings to try and win £500' roulette!

If you don't want widescale job losses from bookies closing down its going to take some time to implement.
(05-18-2018, 02:36 AM)HoveSam Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 10:05 AM)ob Wrote: Keybet will be over then!!!

WRONG, Keybet 1p will be massive value!

Oi Sam you cunt.
The future is much like the present, only longer.
I guess absence doesn't make the heart grow stronger then?!!
The fact they talked about the reduction being for "fruit machines" on the radio today says it all.

The people who regulate this stuff just dont have a clue/are as bent as fuck.

Dont get me wrong reducing the stake is a good idea, but theres still a lot more they could do, and as always if people really need to up the stakes they will soon find themselves online. Plus people will still do brains at 2quid a spin and staff wont lose any jobs will they fuck. Just like the sugar tax it may seem like a good idea, but its just not good enough.
There will be a lot of shops closing, the MD of Jennings which has 200 shops, has gone on record to say that 100 of his shops are only profitable due to profits from £50 + stakes

Also, a lot of people have moved sports betting online as the bookies have lost focus on that, I watched a guy trying to put £50 on a 30-1 horse in LB, it was like he was trying to get into North Korea, phone calls, checks must have taken him 15 minutes. At the same time, this was going on a guy cashes out a 3k ticket from roulette and they pay him without issues

The only reason there as so many shops is the 4 per site rule, if the bookies could put 12 in each they would be shutting down shops and laying people off in a flash

It will be a shame for some people but the new jobs in bookies are shit zero-hours contracts where they just call you up whenever they need somebody to cover an 18-hour shift on a Sunday
The following 3 users Like asfish's post:
HoveSam, kfcandanal, megastreaklover01
Unlikely - the 18 hour Sunday shift that is!

By and large any shops/jobs that may be lost are paid for by losses that most cannot really afford, or, like you said because they haven't been interested in Sports.

The fobts are designed to be as addictive as possible and the bookies have been ruthless in getting as much as possible for as little as possible.

So be it if jobs are lost, in balance it is the lesser of two evils.

FUCK THE FOBTS AND FUCK THE BOOKIES ANYWAY!
The following 2 users Like HoveSam's post:
megastreaklover01, w1ckedw1lly
I’ll miss my £20 mega spins on pure gold!!

Love that locked sound!
(05-18-2018, 11:45 PM)dude_se Wrote: The fact they talked about the reduction being for "fruit machines" on the radio today says it all.

To be fair, I use 'fruits' and 'slots' interchangeably.

UK English = fruit machines
US English = slot machines
AUS English = pokies
Hum fair enough, though im probably the only one when i talk about a 'fruit machine' i mean solely a machine where u have choices, higher, lower, yes, no, stick, twist etc. Whereas a machine where u essentially press one button or lever i refer to as a slot/bandit or yeah pokie. Im probably not correct here, i wonder if there is an official difference but anyway its how i refer to them
I'd personally only ever refer to the machines you get in pubs as fruit machines. Wouldn't call a game like bullion bars, or games like book of ra fruit machines. People who don't gamble often refer to a large collective of games, even FOBTS, as fruit machines. My missus asked me yesterday if i'd heard what was going to happen with the fruit machines, meaning the FOBTs.
Yeah i understand that but is a 'multi machine' or some sort of fiver liner which just happens to be in a pub a fruit machine? Less and less fruit machines in pubs these days
Id expect the news to use the correct terms though. Just shows they dont really have a clue.
Nah, should have been more clear, I wouldn't class any random slot as a fruit machine, even if it's in a pub. Wish up on a jackpot ain't a fruit machine. Big box is a fruit machine but barely, considering the choices you make on the board have basically no effect on the outcome of that particular board.
The following 1 user Likes jerz92's post:
megastreaklover01

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOBT Article on the Guardian website DaveScouse 19 3,055 08-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Last Post: jerz92
  Record losses for British gamblers, record FOBT profits jokepoteer 12 5,355 07-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sebastian
  FOBT Question Road To Vegas simonw09 11 3,821 12-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Last Post: simonw09
  Mr FOBT King templeoftreasure 0 562 10-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Last Post: templeoftreasure
  fobt love them or loathe them jimmysnailshoes 57 13,842 12-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Last Post: russthebus
  FOBT spins capped at £2 per spin. Decision expected today in Commons AMK 31 9,131 12-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Glendale
  Liverpool council members vote to ban fobt jimmysnailshoes 7 2,537 11-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Last Post: edthebear33
  FOBT Jackpots Cf 20 5,631 05-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Last Post: PeteTong500
  Fobt theory beaverlasvegas 3 1,269 04-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Last Post: SmegHead
  £2 = dumb stake? Sanj 19 4,595 03-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Damo