FOBT stake reduction under threat
The new gambling minister is basically a horse punter himself and no doubt has lots of friends at coral and Ladbrokes who will twist his nipples to block the changes.

Could be the fast track to faultys in pubs!

Each fobt made over £50k profit last year...

https://www.theguardian.com/business/201...-secretary
Thumbs Up 
It’s no wonder town centers are full of boarded up shops and closed down pubs.  The amount of times I’ve gone out with intentions to buy some new treads, or go and have lunch and a few beers but I couldn’t because the Faultys took it all.  It’s  the fact that they’re instant that causes the buzz.  There needs to be a bigger increase in the time between games, or have it like roulette on the TV channels where there’s a
Live draw every 90 seconds.  And as for the slots well they’re just horrendous nowadays.  91% on £2 stake, that’s worse than service stations.  They were still making good money on 94% so why change it and increase the problems for the customers? Bunch of robbing James Blunts!!
The following 1 user Likes Moff's post:
megastreaklover01
(01-10-2018, 10:35 AM)Moff Wrote: Bunch of robbing James Blunts!!

I think Jeremy Hunts is a better, much more accurate
The following 2 users Like Tommo's post:
Moff, SmegHead
Cos taking people’s money is the idea unfortunately, plus greed - why not take more and more because we can?!
Eventually they'll develop some coding making it literally impossible to win, then sit there in their ivory towers wondering where it all went wrong
The following 1 user Likes jerz92's post:
megastreaklover01
Horus on 92% minimum. Some 93% even on min bet and in Cashinos its on 93%

Online needs far more regulation IMO.
#Martalife
#Seshlife
The following 2 users Like streakseims's post:
megastreaklover01, paggamaggaloo
Found some bullions on 94% a little while back!

The online regulation is bullshit, oh yeah let's take away free play and stick a load of 18+ shit everywhere, yet allow the suppliers to keep churning out childish looking slots...

Couple of sites I tried to self exclude from you had to print out forms and send them off etc, there's no reason it should be made so difficult, plus having been in the situation of wanting to stop online gambling before it is really incredibly difficult, you can always find a new site to play at and even after self exclusion sites continue to hound you with emails, texts and phone calls... And don't even get me started on the bogus streamers and slots tightening up!!
The following 2 users Like jerz92's post:
dude_se, megastreaklover01
I always felt that if you had a machine that threw out a decent bonus early doors then the other games might do simllar. But so far this year this has not been the case - after a bonus win suddenly I can't win f all - even 10p or 5p which seems designed to tilt you maybe?
On one I got a second bonus on that new shit Gladiator game and the free spins gave me....0p! Same on that Jungle game yesterday 8 Free Spins followed by Your 8 free spins won you 25p!
Shite.
It's designed to do exactly that, tilt you, break down your sensibility, and make you keep playing.

Bonuses giving 0, fractions of a * stake, or single figure * stake can literally be nothing else but a cleverly incorporated strategy from these companies. Think about it, it's pre determined as soon as you click that spin button what you're going to get, why not just roll a dead spin? Why bring in the bonus and make the punter sit there thinking he's got a chance of winning something? Clearly just to piss them off and degenerate their style of play in the company's favour! It's deliberate and pretty ill if you ask me!!!
The following 2 users Like jerz92's post:
megastreaklover01, paggamaggaloo
I'm quite interested in the psychology behind gambling, and you have to raise when you play these things you're fighting against some serious psychological warfare.

They know exactly what pages peoples buttons. How almost winning is far more mentally arousing than actually winning. They keep data about every aspect of the machines, from how long you play to how long you ponder over any choice.

If you can play without emotion you have a chance to just play the odds, but as soon as you get emotional your chances go through the floor
The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01
Yes I think all these aspects are pretty fascinating too - (which is kind of part of the problem!)
I'm forever fantasising about some kind of strict regime where WHATEVER HAPPENS I will only play a certain game for a certain time/amount but it's almost impossible to stick to it.
I think the only way you could play totally unemotionally is if you had so much money it didn't matter if you won or not? But then you wouldn't be playing it in the first place lol!

Another idea I'm toying with is to turn the sound off (usually do this anyway) and look away from the screen so you basically have no involvement with what's going on! Bit barmy I suppose.

One last thing I've been noticing which is sneaky and makes me laugh is if you set up with auto-play say for 20 games, then switch it off after about three or four spins, it nearly always throws in two out of three bonuses to tilt you! So fcking obvious the knackers.
(01-10-2018, 12:25 PM)streakseims Wrote: Horus on 92% minimum. Some 93% even on min bet and in Cashinos its on 93%

Online needs far more regulation IMO.

Some Multi-Wilds, in fact most Multi-Wilds are on 95% on all stakes, but shhhh... I’ve noticed some have changed them down to 91,89 etc...

Tbf, if we ever come across an emptier, then it’s pretty much certain every penny is going out of that machine.  I don’t imagine the manufacturers sit there going, ‘why didn’t they just take £200 instead of the whole float?’ So i guess we shouldnt moan... just don’t play them, easier said than done!
The following 1 user Likes Moff's post:
megastreaklover01
In the good old days of donkey kong you could empty the machine AND get an IOU for £50...
"I think the only way you could play totally unemotionally is if you had so much money it didn't matter if you won or not? But then you wouldn't be playing it in the first place lol"

Rolla does, wouldn't be surprised if he gets fed up of winning all the time, maybe we should team him up with ob and send them out on the fobts, the bookies will probably end up saying the maximum stake of £2 is too high! ;)
Reduce the stake on B2 to 99.99 and then an optional 1p extra donation to charity.
有難う御座います

ぺこ

CEO of JPF Japan. I play PACHISLO.

noos lla uoy ees
Not always best strat to take whole hopper on empties. Its only when you know its got out or others know in your area.

I thought online was always 119% payout as no one on TV or Radio ever complains about it yet everyday FOBTs are mozned about
#Martalife
#Seshlife
The following 2 users Like streakseims's post:
JG vs SG, megastreaklover01
(01-11-2018, 08:48 AM)streakseims Wrote: Not always best strat to take whole hopper on empties. Its only when you know its got out or others know in your area.

I thought online was always 119% payout as no one on TV or Radio ever complains about it yet everyday FOBTs are mozned about

Very true, but when it's a wetherspoon in Victoria and the some very nasty people already on the empty you take your chances...
(01-11-2018, 10:32 AM)Boulderdash Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 08:48 AM)streakseims Wrote: Not always best strat to take whole hopper on empties. Its only when you know its got out or others know in your area.

Very true, but when it's a wetherspoon in Victoria and the some very nasty people already on the empty you take your chances...
That arcade by London Victoria station (play 2 win)? always seemed to have unchipped machines in there back when I played machines and knew empties. Very very surprising seeing it's location. A couple of times I'd been warned by locals in there that I'll get kicked out of the staff see me doing it.
They've still got a DOND Gold in there that I can't help having a quick tenner on as I pass. That cashpot loves a bust
(01-11-2018, 10:32 AM)Boulderdash Wrote:

That arcade by London Victoria station (play 2 win)? always seemed to have unchipped machines in there back when I played machines and knew empties. Very very surprising seeing it's location. A couple of times I'd been warned by locals in there that I'll get kicked out of the staff see me doing it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOBT Article on the Guardian website DaveScouse 19 3,723 08-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Last Post: jerz92
  Record losses for British gamblers, record FOBT profits jokepoteer 12 5,828 07-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sebastian
  FOBT Question Road To Vegas simonw09 11 4,156 12-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Last Post: simonw09
  Mr FOBT King templeoftreasure 0 594 10-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Last Post: templeoftreasure
  fobt love them or loathe them jimmysnailshoes 57 14,582 12-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Last Post: russthebus
  FOBT spins capped at £2 per spin. Decision expected today in Commons AMK 31 9,827 12-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Glendale
  Liverpool council members vote to ban fobt jimmysnailshoes 7 2,760 11-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Last Post: edthebear33
  FOBT Jackpots Cf 20 6,017 05-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Last Post: PeteTong500
  Fobt theory beaverlasvegas 3 1,302 04-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Last Post: SmegHead
  £2 = dumb stake? Sanj 19 4,799 03-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Damo