I Don't Pay For My Supermarket Bags
I just tell the self service till that I brought my own even though I didn't.  Every time.

I need help.  5 bloody pence.
Stores here dont even have em in now for you to use. I used to steal em all and sell em for 2p out in carpark made "bags" of cash from it
#Martalife
#Seshlife
The following 2 users Like streakseims's post:
jokepoteer, megastreaklover01
I often get stopped by an over zealous supervisor on self service at tesco. They take the spirits to detag them and then pass me them, but then authorise till without me scanning them. got 3 bottlesof baileys and some cointreau last time
The following 1 user Likes kfcandanal's post:
jokepoteer
more cunning than a fox with a magnifying glass

Ed.

The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
jokepoteer
I did that with a family guy box set to.see if it would work a few years ago it did but now most check you have already scanned them lol. Local Tesco here did a free voucher with the paper worth I think 5quid and was uncapped on how many you could use which was free with a free local paper so people where taking like 100 vouchers and getting an xbox for free by scanning voucher after voucher. Shop got ransaked with people with vouchers!
#Martalife
#Seshlife
The following 2 users Like streakseims's post:
jokepoteer, Mr Move It
Good empty that!
The following 1 user Likes jerz92's post:
Mr Move It
I try to stick to about 50% paying for bags and 50% accidently not paying. Keeps it pretty fair  Tongue

The "onion" trick is probably one of the best ways to get anything for cheap.

The reduced labels in asda a few years back also saved me a few bob. What can I say I liked alot of 5p bread  :D
Haha yeah peeling the reduced labels off the 2p cottage cheese and popping it on the smarties cookies always served me well!
Doesn’t 4p out of the 5p go to charities? (The other 1p being VAT)

Set if tight bastards!!

Also I used it love catching people peeling off mark down stickers and putting them on other stuff at their own leisure. The embarrassment on their faces is priceless (no pun intended)

Funniest moment when I was manager at home bargains though was when the fire alarm went off signaling the fire door at the back had been opened. I went to check on camera (usually an elderly person walked out by mistake) but no someone walked out with a £60 vacuum cleaner.

2 days later it happened again so I ran as quickly as I could to the door and it was too late he’d beaten me again! A week went by and I spotted the cunt in the shop, I’d noticed on camera he walks round a good 45 mins planning his move so I just rung the police and they came and nabbed him I didn’t have to do anything. 18 months in prison he got for his greed!

Then there was the bloke who ran in and grabbed about 20 bottles of shampoo from the first isle closest to the main door (fuck knows why they’re £1 each unless he had particularly bad hair that day) before dropping one on the floor causing it to explode and slipping on his arse on the now slippery floor and leaving empty handed and red faced! I had some good hours infront of the CCTV screen watching that!

Retail work did have its moments!
Marching on together
The following 1 user Likes Fenso's post:
BiffoTheBear
(11-28-2017, 02:56 PM)kfcandanal Wrote: I often get stopped by an over zealous supervisor on self service at tesco. They take the spirits to detag them and then pass me them, but then authorise till without me scanning them. got 3 bottlesof baileys and some cointreau last time

How do they authorise till when u haven’t scanned them?
The following 1 user Likes PMK's post:
megastreaklover01
(11-29-2017, 07:55 AM)PMK Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 02:56 PM)kfcandanal Wrote: I often get stopped by an over zealous supervisor on self service at tesco. They take the spirits to detag them and then pass me them, but then authorise till without me scanning them. got 3 bottlesof baileys and some cointreau last time

How do they authorise till when u haven’t scanned them?

They see the bottles waiting to be scanned, jump in, take tags off then swipe their card. Think there is/was a function that basically said to the machine "fuck off with your errors and warnings". Morrisons were also great for it, don't know so much nowadays as I'm an Aldi/Lidl shopper.
(11-28-2017, 12:34 PM)jokepoteer Wrote: I just tell the self service till that I brought my own even though I didn't.  Every time.

I buy two of the 10p (polythene supposed bag for life) ones about once every 6 months.

Last time I picked the bags up from a counter nowhere near the self service till so I could have pretended I'd bought them in myself - I didn't although it is annoying that they once were free.

Also messed up by buying one of the 50p (recycled/able material supposed bag for life) ones - hard to fold so useless for putting in your pocket - I just leave that one in the car - schoolboy error :)
Looking at the cash display at Asda nowadays as opposed to a few weeks ago - it would now say "5p item - bread reduced from 95p" or whatever - loads more detail on the yellow "Whoops!" items that used to just say 'reduced'.
They obviously cottoned on. Load of shite seeing as they just throw the food out anyway.
(11-29-2017, 09:57 AM)dondplayer Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 12:34 PM)jokepoteer Wrote: I just tell the self service till that I brought my own even though I didn't.  Every time.

I buy two of the 10p (polythene supposed bag for life) ones about once every 6 months.

Last time I picked the bags up from a counter nowhere near the self service till so I could have pretended I'd bought them in myself - I didn't although it is annoying that they once were free.

Also messed up by buying one of the 50p (recycled/able material supposed bag for life) ones - hard to fold so useless for putting in your pocket - I just leave that one in the car - schoolboy error :)

Yeah that would involve forward planning and organisation.  Not good.
I'm in toys r us. The only bags they have are 99p

Ed.

(12-01-2017, 03:03 PM)Boulderdash Wrote: I'm in toys r us. The only bags they have are 99p

They got bills to pay!
You do know those 5ps are given to a consortium of charities, thats the most unethical thing i've heard, essentially stealing from charity, the store keeps nothing of the 5p (supermarkets at least) the bags are still free...but a mandatory donation of 5p to charity.
Some people jeez
Actually it’s 4p the other 1p being VAT

And there is no obligation for the supermarkets to give the money to charity but most do. In fact a few of the big ones don’t. Tesco have stopped doing 5p bags they only give out the 10p ones and non of that even touches a charity
Marching on together
Tesco are a piss take, some don't even have the bags near the self service area, you have to specifically ask for them every time coz "alot of people don't pay for them".

End up wanting to kill someone as well when the bags flag up "bagging error" or whatever it is. Makes you tempted to steal some high value items for the fucking hassle they cause you?
(12-31-2017, 11:21 PM)Fenso Wrote: Actually it’s 4p the other 1p being VAT

And there is no obligation for the supermarkets to give the money to charity but most do. In fact a few of the big ones don’t. Tesco have stopped doing 5p bags they only give out the 10p ones and non of that even touches a charity

That’s where your wrong Fenso. Each store has a charity box where you get a token when you go through a till and you put it in a box as you leave with 3 local charities. They are still giving 5p of every 10p bag sale to charity. Look next time you go in one.

Note, I think it’s bigger stores definitely, unsure about express.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  players meetings - iceland supermarket streakseims 159 31,455 05-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Glendale
  Machines in Morrisons Supermarket AMK 7 2,509 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Last Post: streakseims