Raise the RTP
Sadly very few people seem able to understand how cutting tax rate increases the tax take, and its exactly the same with reducing the RTP on fruits

Someone ought to take this chart to all the operators and explain how increasing the payout percentage (reducing the tax on winning) will actually increase their profit.

At close to 70% most games are pointless. If Joe Casual had a chance of making a lucky profit more money would go in the machines, increasing the cash box but also increasing the value for players.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ed.

You could just as easy interpret that graph the other way. Leaving the rate alone led to a big increase and then lowering it started to lower the take.

But yes you're obviously correct with regards to pub fruits. They're on far too low a % for the stakes and prizes on offer.
The following 3 users Like Cf's post:
megastreaklover01, Mr Move It, SmegHead
Not really. Its not a 1:1 relationship but the trend is clear. Some other factors must have influenced the changes in 2010.

Ed.

change in 2010 ?
(08-12-2017, 07:14 AM)Boulderdash Wrote: At close to 70% most games are pointless. If Joe Casual had a chance of making a lucky profit more money would go in the machines, increasing the cash box but also increasing the value for players.

The trouble is the vast majority of casual players don't know about the percentage - if I asked them all what percentage the machine was set to payout then most wouldn't know, some might realise it's written on the machine and THEN be able to tell me.
True, but if the machines advertised a 10% increase in the payout that would attract attention

Ed.

The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01
Flat profile games at 70-74% are pointless. The lumpy profile games of early 2014 could just about get away with it
Pointless even discussing it because it won't change! Yates did a trial of it a few years back before quickly knocking them back down.

If you want fruits with big % visit arcades Nobles in particular but utterly pointless as they hardly get played in there anyway! Played 90% Betcoms in several and yet to come out with a profit on any of them because players just force them out then 3 months later they might have enough value in them again!

The best was when the idiots decided to suddenly replace all their £100 fruits with random £35 fruits, goodbye Deal And No Deal Golden Game on £100 hello Crazy Chair on £35!!!
Atleast you got some £35 substitutes, all the arcades up here apart from Shipleys just scrapped them completely! The cashinos used to have DOND Live and DOND Gatw on silly percentages and when I asked why they got taken away I was told because they were always breaking (same reason in 2 different arcades) I played them all the time and they never broke for me
(08-12-2017, 12:58 PM)ridye Wrote: Pointless even discussing it because it won't change!  Yates did a trial of it a few years back before quickly knocking them back down.

If you want fruits with big % visit arcades Nobles in particular but utterly pointless as they hardly get played in there anyway!  Played 90% Betcoms in several and yet to come out with a profit on any of them because players just force them out then 3 months later they might have enough value in them again!

The best was when the idiots decided to suddenly replace all their £100 fruits with random £35 fruits, goodbye Deal And No Deal Golden Game on £100 hello Crazy Chair on £35!!!

Yates didn't do it properly. No advertising. The casuals won't know what the percentage is or whether it's good. Would need a campaign to promote it but pubs don't seem to care

Ed.

The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01
No they meant always credit breaking. I had that Live repeat a ton box, pity I was 350 in
A friend of mine had the same thing on an rdrt in an arcade also 350 in, got to be one of the rarest repeats!
Had the £70 box repeat on DoND Live a few times.
I bet that £100 on that queen would have repeated haha
Probably. It's a common scenario there! SPEW!!
Spew indeed! Up there with my most memorable mistakes of my fruit playing career haha
The following 1 user Likes jerz92's post:
SmegHead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Average raise? Boulderdash 64 15,868 06-23-2016, 07:06 AM
Last Post: SmegHead