When is a loss not a loss
So found a Treasure Island Jackpots (Blackbeards Bounty) which was sited a bit out of the way in a popular pub tonight.

Took it on (f*ck it) - not looking too dead - about 160 for MS (now usually I expect a flat but this time expected a 150) - nope a flat.

Played for after boards and to cut a long story short ended up with a 110 collect.

Collect - expected 10 coins got 2 WTF

Collect - rest of it was tenners as expected.

Stick my fingers up the chute (reminds me of my bum) and feel some coins - anyway get them to come out but soon realise I'm getting more out than I should - keep going and end up actually being in slight profit rather than about 50 down. Result.
The following 1 user Likes dondplayer's post:
megastreaklover01
Love it when that happens.

Ed.

The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01
the same happended to be on deal ulimate got a small bank didnt come out poked the pay chute and 35 came out

it wasnt free money as gamestec robbed me from another machine

but paybacks a bitch so it was a good fair result all around
Except for the person who was owed £35.
I read that chute thing totally wrong :/ sick
(04-20-2015, 07:36 PM)mr x Wrote: so if i wonted to buy me own house as i have over 10k a year coming in would i get turned down as well
The following 1 user Likes keno's post:
megastreaklover01
This seems to be a 'thing' around my way. Had it happen to me a few times (tissue lodged up there, wtf?) and also a 'Pro' I know well said he has seen it quite a few times.
I don't get the logic behind it though (where it is purposefully done) - unless it is bar staff who are going to snare the coins later, why would anyone do this? On the off-chance that when they get back to the pub later someone would have won, collected, it didn't pay out, bar staff didn't check the chute *cough*, engineer hasn't been. Just seems pointless to me.

Having said that, I know it can happen by accident too, but certainly seems that some people do it knowingly.
Don't think this is the same thing but it could be?

I was collecting out of a twist last night, £80 comes out fine in coins £20 left in the bank.. collect another tenner it pays £4 then the bank whizzes from £16 down to £10 super quick, no more coins from that tenner. The final £10 in coins pays fine. No idea what happened there; can anyone shed any light?
Yes, the hardware is cheap and unreliable, and the software behind it is highly likely illegal. There's no error checking between the software (bank) and payout hardware. As far as the machine is concerned it paid it out, which means no evidence.

"The engineers been in and says its all fine" - reading between the lines, you'll never prove anything and he's now £6 better off.
The following 1 user Likes kong's post:
kermithopper
(07-05-2017, 10:24 AM)Matt Vinyl Wrote: This seems to be a 'thing' around my way. Had it happen to me a few times (tissue lodged up there, wtf?) and also a 'Pro' I know well said he has seen it quite a few times.
I don't get the logic behind it though (where it is purposefully done) - unless it is bar staff who are going to snare the coins later, why would anyone do this? On the off-chance that when they get back to the pub later someone would have won, collected, it didn't pay out, bar staff didn't check the chute *cough*, engineer hasn't been. Just seems pointless to me.

Having said that, I know it can happen by accident too, but certainly seems that some people do it knowingly.

Was in London Leicester Square area once where someone had done this tona few machines. Boosted my collects nicely.

(Obv sucks to be the casual who got money stuck)
The following 1 user Likes Cf's post:
Matt Vinyl
(07-05-2017, 10:24 AM)Matt Vinyl Wrote: This seems to be a 'thing' around my way. Had it happen to me a few times (tissue lodged up there, wtf?) and also a 'Pro' I know well said he has seen it quite a few times.

Lots of pubs dump the hopper and fill up every day. If you shove something up there and £300 comes out instead of £400 The barman won't have a clue and you can go back and retrieve the surplus assuming no one else got lucky.
It's an unreliable trick but when there's money involved anything goes

Ed.