Betcom Note/Reel errors et al
It seems that there are so many of these occurring that I begin to wonder if it's deliberate. For quite some time now, the various manus have tried to go down the 'totally electronic' road only for them to bomb because no one likes or trusts them. Perhaps this is the latest attempt? Make so many machines fuck up constantly thereby increasing engineer visits/hand pays etc, increasing the overall costs of running machines so that pubs etc ask for electronic machines instead. Or is it just because the manus are cheap bastards lol  :D
I think it's because they are cheap bastards mate, but might inadvertently be a factor in more digital units sited long term
Betcom don't have their own digital product so I doubt it's that. Also it would not be in their interests for machines to break, but it certainly raises questions somewhere down the chain.
PLUS EEVEE!!!!!
the electronic machine fuck up all the time too though!
I blame the mobile phones, it's a well known fact that using a mobile near a machine causes it to behave oddly & start paying out.

And given how many people have phones now it's surely not a coincidence?
The following 1 user Likes Matty's post:
megastreaklover01
Or you could take dondplayers advice and just check the notey for signs of any tamper... 'cause that won't look dodgy at all.
The future is much like the present, only longer.
Not like the digitals are any better.

Had a blue print completely freeze when attempting to collect £1 a couple of weeks ago.

And had an IPUB pay out £1 per minute once. Off and on got it to spit £10 at once but then back to 1 minute per pound. That was a fun £100+ bank collect.
I saw a £2 coin wedged into the note mech on a boom time the other day
Pesky kids!
Ed
Seen 2p wedged in a next level. Didn't realise it was there and was already 30 in when I ran out of coins and the notey wouldn't take notes, so vip coin changer to the rescue! When collecting I called the manager over in case, anyway notey made a noise, out popped 2p with the note which explains why it wasn't working lol
PLUS EEVEE!!!!!
Would have defo siphoned that out lol! I.e. Collect 10 coins play a 25p credit then take another 10 coins etc!

Do it on all unreliable things i.e. Betcons that have broke before. Annoying to get lumbered with shit load of coins but better than a poxy iou
I'm known quite well in there plus it's a decent supplier I've not had issues from before on things like that.
PLUS EEVEE!!!!!
The worst is when it fucks up, then you give it a reboot only for it to alarm straight away without showing your bank! Good luck getting your IOU then, I once had a Power Play in Spoons do me out of £150 I mean it had already malfunctioned by repeating the bells but after a lengthy several month battle with Spoons and Gamestec I just gave up and ensured their engineer bill would exceed £150 via other means!
Yeah I lost £170 odd in Cobham services on that Drunken Clam, paid the first three fine then siezed up, plugged it and alarmed as soon as i turned it back on. Called quicksilver who were apparently in charge of that place and they were bloody useless so eventually we just had to cut our losses
£5 note crashed an Ipub this morning. Switched it on and off again no use.
Bar manager 'takes' my name and number on the back of a menu sheet. No date, no amount, no info just my name and number on a random scrap of paper lol.
I'll make sure I'll get it back but it's ridiculous the way they do it imo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Note acceptor mod dondplayer 1 142 07-01-2017, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Pilsburydoughman
  Note mech error diary mr x 3 159 06-25-2017, 08:09 PM
Last Post: paggamaggaloo
  RSI from Betcom play Boulderdash 10 1,096 01-30-2017, 11:40 PM
Last Post: JG Sluts
  Note to Blue(poo)print gaming levartemit 41 8,127 05-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Last Post: ob
  The origin of 5-reel slot machines? Mr Move It 25 6,898 04-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: vectra666
  Is this the end of note mech errors Damo 4 1,240 03-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Last Post: kong
  Paying out via note acceptor MonkeyKing 16 4,022 03-13-2016, 09:38 PM
Last Post: edthebear33
  Programming errors that favour the machine levartemit 24 5,728 03-13-2016, 02:27 PM
Last Post: yorkstar
  RC Note error 1A levartemit 5 1,943 06-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Last Post: barrybigbananas
  Annoying Errors!! simonw09 3 878 08-28-2014, 12:12 AM
Last Post: simonw09