The fast forcus
Yeah seems to be quite standard with JJ to cost a fortune for the board.....super board, mega board, next board DOND etc, anything not to give you the board!! Another reason why I don't want to play shitty slots any more Sad
(06-13-2017, 06:18 PM)jerz92 Wrote: Id be going back round on that!

I know why you say that but someone on here once said they had £25 shot first board then forced for a loss - I didn't want to get involved - in the past like on a cash exploder the next board opens the feature has always cost less than 10 and netted me 10 or 20.
(06-11-2017, 12:49 PM)dondplayer Wrote: Well not a disaster but things didn't quite go to plan.

First machine - I start with coins and soon realize this one only takes OLD pound coins. On to notes then discover the notey is not working. Well I'm a few quid in now and the board I had did open the game. So use the next door machine as a note to coin changer. Anyway 13 in I get a board - first offer 12 so I take it.

Next machine - won't take any coins just jams - hit the reject a couple of times and to my delight I get my pound coin back plus another pound coin plus a 50p. Still not working - again hit the reject a couple of times and to my delight I get my pound coin back plus a 50p. Still not working but this times coin just going through. About to give up and try one more time - it's started to work.

Anyway this is a Pug's Life and reminds me much of MIB which has always stung me - this seems to be heading the same way but does go in for 150 after 155 in - so a minor loss.

For info I was counting the red boards on this - white, white, red, red, red, red, red, white, red (alternates white,red more times), red, red, red (goes in).

Back at this location Today and the first machine is switched off Sad. Against my better judgement took on the Pug's Life again - just under 120 to go in but fortunately does the 150.

Redding - about 6 white boards - 5 red boards - a white board - a red board - another red board that goes in (did the survive thing)
120 in is "fortunately" - 150?

That's a standard amount to be in surely? On the cheap side almost!
The following 1 user Likes Cf's post:
megastreaklover01
I think fortunately means it did 150 and didn't stiff him with a 20 loss.
I've had too many flats when 150 in lately and have retired from the game

Ed.

(07-10-2017, 07:55 AM)Boulderdash Wrote: I think fortunately means it did 150 and didn't stiff him with a 20 loss.

Correct

(07-09-2017, 09:48 PM)Cf Wrote: That's a standard amount to be in surely? On the cheap side almost!

Also Correct :)
It's getting rather stupid now, bring back the 35 hour era
Two locations tonight:

First has swapped the machine surprisingly - it's now a Blackbeard's Bounty (or TIJ) - took it on even though it could have been sited Today - then discovered £1 play button was sticky - carried on - just over 20 in already offering mega game - 29 in it shoots MS red  :-/  - for a flat 100. Play for afters but nothing doing and end up losing 2 quid. So end result 69 up :)

Second has also swapped the machine - now an Andy Capp - got a half then had a look just as I was leaving - then realised it's just a Kraken clone - will revisit another time.
Who leaves games in that state! I found one of the other blackbeards bounty over the weekend the ones like kung fu pounda.. and a bullseye on the oche in the same place.. two games I've not seen in ages
if you are doing so well you may as well just keep quiet about it dondplayer or eventually your chance of success will be zero.
don't know why they are talked about so much, sure it would achieve more if only horror stories were told.

if flickers were about today they'd never even be boarding let alone deviating from 35 coz they'd be done every fucking hour.

please come out with games where these wannabe players get put back on the dole queue and can do their absolute brains and leave value after regardless! (so I can do 20 hours a week for a grand again!)

seriously, some of these slotters consider it a result if they are up a few pints over a day, suprised betcom don't pay expenses on top of sponsoring advertising from the likes of dondplayer?!
The following 1 user Likes HoveSam's post:
kermithopper
Just got in from doing 940!

160 done over 3 betcoms (including tenner steal), then I managed to strim a bell fruit 120 in that couldn't be resolved which pushed me to play something risky on in an arcade that decided to tear me a new one (-370) followed by losing that pot plus last few quid in wallet on the very plus eeeveeee reel king sticky before giving up as we know that loss would most likely double. fml
(07-10-2017, 09:40 PM)HoveSam Wrote: if you are doing so well you may as well just keep quiet about it dondplayer or eventually your chance of success will be zero.
don't know why they are talked about so much, sure it would achieve more if only horror stories were told.

if flickers were about today they'd never even be boarding let alone deviating from 35 coz they'd be done every fucking hour.

please come out with games where these wannabe players get put back on the dole queue and can do their absolute brains and leave value after regardless! (so I can do 20 hours a week for a grand again!)

seriously, some of these slotters consider it a result if they are up a few pints over a day, suprised betcom don't pay expenses on top of sponsoring advertising from the likes of dondplayer?!

Don't get me wrong mate these are generally a complete waste of time and ultimately will end up in a loss - after all it's easy to make 20 on a couple only to do 60 on the next.

What I've done is try different locations/units not so often - those that seem to benefit me I keep going back to - when one f*cks me over I ditch it, etc - you end up doing very few units and not very often - basically it's just the last dregs of a hobby that at one time was very profitable.
(07-10-2017, 09:56 PM)HoveSam Wrote: Just got in from doing 940!

160 done over 3 betcoms (including tenner steal), then I managed to strim a bell fruit 120 in that couldn't be resolved which pushed me to play something risky on in an arcade that decided to tear me a new one (-370) followed by losing that pot plus last few quid in wallet on the very plus eeeveeee reel king sticky before giving up as we know that loss would most likely double. fml

A reel king sticky I played from 480/150 and in the space of 3 different sessions (no one had ever played it in the meantime weirdly enough) over 3k in and it did 3 bronze pots in total, one 5 carpets for £80ish and jack all else. From one bronze to the next I put the bronze upto £380.

Suffice to say that was the last time I ever played one.
first time i've ever played sticky, passive tilt feeling drained and despondent!

only 10 days ago i did 1080 in Reno Poker 500 Reflex, ever played one? highest gamble was 80 quid and a few times had one wrong suit same colour blocking the royal flush. bad mistake by me thinking i could leave it with anything but maybe i played it wrong/thought swapping meant anything? i almost forced for first 300 then reverted to joker poker style slow death!
felt like a total mug for giving it the second monkey!
Still fairly rare those multi cabinet Reflex offerings with that Reno Poker. I was told that you could force them. I tried one from near enough reset I'd guess and it cost 750ish for the 500. I don't/didn't get on with any of the pokermania series. The £35s were insane, OB will tell you tales of Uxbridge Reels, £350+ tops. Golden Poker (Gamesoft not Cat D Joker Poker reskin) another OB favourite! £70s could and would take £500+ for a top but could do back to back 210s. £100s are safe in comparison, but I have never won big and usually lose on units I force. Best result £2 in for £50 climb and collect on dodgy number. £500 I have only played one. As force rather than joker poker strategy is the usual way to tackle these games, that's the strategy that was adopted. All together between myself and associate three forces, 450/600 for him and 750 for me. Another uninspiring forcer that you can't do anything with. Cycle and it's slow death, you're correct. Swap card means naff all on every incarnation afaik.
As for Sticky, Rob went through a phase of chasing pots on them and winning. Then he went quiet about the game. I don't know how much he lost on the one that didn't play ball but I never heard a word about it and he has never mentioned the game since, so I assume it was a bad beat.

Feltham Gala.
Reel King Sticky is shit I remember the first and last time I tried it 700 deep within an hour yeah fuck that Novomatic!

Noticed they've tinkered with the Reel King Potty in Hills too you can't part bank gambles on it any more!

Then there is the all new Reel King Action well on the iPub2 anyway that is trying to rip off part of Jackpot Gems!

As for Betcoms you don't need to really try different locations / units, just pick any random pub as it is now a licensing law seemingly that every pub must contain at least several Betcoms!

Fuck it I'm off to go play Book Of Ra Bingo!

https://www.greentube.com/game/book-of-ra-bingo/
Golden pokers were brilliant tbf, pity they dissappeared. Didn't like the 35 ones as much tho could be filthy those.

The 94% 70 ones were very good, they cottoned on and put them down to 80% in silvers etc.

Never played the Reno poker but have played the 500 reflex poker in the old old cab can't remember the name but you could exchange a win for dice spins sometimes. Was a wierd game. Put like 900 in one for the 500 just forcing it and it gave a 500 on the dice spin after. Although another time it cost a shit load can't remember how much just remember 300 in on 250 on a 3 it goes higher ace lose. (Ace is low) after that was a royal raping.
Stickys I used to like before that mauling and that's enough to put anyone off!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Betcom Forcus Ever Boulderdash 5 1,244 03-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Boulderdash