Unread posts count
Noticed a strange thing a couple of times recently - read/acknowledge all the obvious unread posts but it still says there are X unread posts.

So you click on to view the unread posts and it lists some randomly last posted April 2016 - usually from the Vintage machines section.
The following 1 user Likes dondplayer's post:
SmegHead
I'll run a database check once I get my computer up and running again. Haven't done one for ages and I need to. Also need to do an update and also fix some other problems
If u need a. hand with ur pc slasher I'm local and happy to oblige. It's what I do for a living.
Thanks for the offer mate. It's what I do for a living too lolol just haven't got round to sorting it. You know what it's like - taking care of everyone else then can't be arsed with your own
I have a t shirt that states "no I will not fix your computer that I've often referred people to when asked about things in the pub
That's my whatsapp status!

Or was about a week ago lol
Ahh nice... a few PC gurus on this board then Smile

I do it for friends and colleagues (so sideline more than anything else) and I trade in alcohol! Also, I have a buddy who does DIY for me as I'm not good at that, and I'll do his computers (upgrades / virus removal etc). It works really well because we're trading favours in goodwill and not a single penny goes to the tax man because there is no legal tender involved in the first place Smile
I have a taxi driver mate who's internal phone wiring was ballsed. So I did that and sorted him some power line ladapters and haven't paid for a taxi since :). If I do fold and agree to do it, the price is case of Guinness or bottle of whiskey.

I'm currently doing a multi site infrastructure upgrade so I barely open my laptop when home unless it's business
The following 1 user Likes kfcandanal's post:
Mr Move It
(04-30-2017, 09:17 AM)dondplayer Wrote: Noticed a strange thing a couple of times recently - read/acknowledge all the obvious unread posts but it still says there are X unread posts.

So you click on to view the unread posts and it lists some randomly last posted April 2016 - usually from the Vintage machines section.

Not had this for a while but it's done it again Today - no biggy but just in case you thought it was sorted.
Ffs stop breaking it lolol
Got this again Today - took a screenshot of what was supposedly unread posts.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you click the mark all threads read ?

It's just that if there's been no new posts since you last clicked unread posts then they will be old unread posts that you haven't read yet?
No mate I always read the threads (or select them as though I am reading them) so those in my example I read a longgggggggg time ago.

In this case I marked them read.

What I'm saying is unread posts are always 0 when i logout - every so often old ones seem to just pop up again.
Probably an out of date mod or something to do with cookies.

I'm due a full board reinstall, it's just getting the time to do it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Editing Posts ittle ottle 3 910 06-14-2015, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Mr Move It
  post count Damo 6 1,479 01-24-2015, 01:33 AM
Last Post: steelfix1
  Posts Damo 5 1,470 12-23-2014, 08:17 PM
Last Post: SmegHead
  5000 Posts - Big Thanks to All - Ask me anything. Peko 49 8,002 06-27-2014, 03:09 PM
  Posts Damo 28 4,251 03-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Last Post: SmegHead
  Sod your 1000 post count ridye 11 2,400 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Comedydave
  Yeah, ive just broke the 1000 post count Damo 80 8,690 06-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Last Post: goonerboi90
  Steelfix, i've just noticed your post count jimmysnailshoes 6 1,601 05-28-2012, 02:39 PM
  1000 posts dude_se 13 2,959 11-02-2011, 01:57 AM
Last Post: Sigoth
  post count SmegHead 1 526 09-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Last Post: Peko