Roller Coaster excitement
Further arcade adventures, with more video this time :)

The new ones are flat sided so you can use a spanner to pry them out of a Yorkshireman's hand
mmm did that feature never restart at the bottom and carry on up again? sure i have memories of getting more than that, but could be wrong/be another machine, maybe an earlier jackpot level?

over 20 years ago now!
Got my first two new £1 coins as change last night - both 2016 editions too. Overall dimensions very similar.
(04-01-2017, 03:23 PM)HoveSam Wrote: mmm did that feature never restart at the bottom and carry on up again? sure i have memories of getting more than that, but could be wrong/be another machine, maybe an earlier jackpot level?

over 20 years ago now!

In a word. No

It wasn't over protective of that feature though. You could often get it on the next board if lucky with the numbers
(04-02-2017, 09:23 AM)Boulderdash Wrote: In a word. No

It wasn't over protective of that feature though. You could often get it on the next board if lucky with the numbers

Indeed, it's never looped round, so the maximum value of the feature increased as the jackpot increased. (It'll do the whole lot on £15 jackpot as well, can't remember the wins on £15 jackpot but IIRC the yellow and blue bars were worth more so the total was around £40?)

I'll always take Nemesis rather than push for Roller Coaster, and will gamble for Nemesis on any number from Waltzers, and it wins a lot of the time as it's already in 'jackpot unlocked' territory.

(I know Roller Coaster can do £40 or £50 on occasion, but just spin a couple of quid through after the Nemesis and see if it's still numbering or not, and take the extra value out that way, as it kills you like a fucker when pushing for Roller Coaster, which most likely won't go past £30 anyway.)

Timeless classic of a fruit machine, IMO the £10 jackpot was pretty much the perfect place for the jackpot on compensated machines with sub-80% payouts.
I used to have about 10 of these in local arcades on 8quid tokens. One 10cash jackpot and two 5cash jackpot on 5p play. Walking around the arcade all you could hear was board entries on roller coasters.
I remember one time that the 5p/£5 version did once actually restart the nemesis and go all the way to jackpot again. As strange as it sounds.
Seen rollercoaster do over £70!
I must have been remembering the 15 one then. what was that other similar game called, sidewinder or some sort of pyramid theme?
Was this on £10 version?
I had a roller coaster £10 then upgraded it to £15 in oct 1998.
Seen it do full nemesis lots of times and best ever off roller coaster feature was £120!
Set the alarm off after running out of coins. So I made up a longer tube for the £'s.
Absolute classic fruit, just wish I could turn back time 20 year even just for a week i would certanly be out for 1 massive fruit sesh f sure, so many good fruits back then, what went so horribly wrong.?

Either way great to se a classic in a new place in this day in age.
Played this so much in the local pub during my student days. The Roller Coaster feature was often good for £50 once a week.
(04-17-2017, 07:10 AM)mabby2000 Wrote: Was this on £10 version?
Seen it do full nemesis lots of times and best ever off roller coaster feature was £120!
Set the alarm off after running out of coins. So I made up a longer tube for the £'s.

Roller Coaster was an amazing machine. Most I ever had off the top feature was 4xjackpot, but it was £8 at the time and all paid in fecking tokens!

Nemesis would reliably pay all the way to the top, and wasn't necessarily that protected - if you got on the hi-lo it would let you there a fair amount of the times you gambled for it
(04-02-2017, 04:43 PM)HoveSam Wrote: I must have been remembering the 15 one then. what was that other similar game called, sidewinder or some sort of pyramid theme?

There was aladdins cave, a fairly rare clone that wouldn't let you use cancel for princess tower(test your strength) or a random stop via bonus, and possibly not let you hold the bonus on a respin if i recall correctly.
It was also a little tighter with what it gave from the top feature, though i still prefered it due to requiring more skill, like when princess tower repeated the feature for a possible 2 jackpots.

Edit;  boulderdash!! What a game that was on the c64 :D
[quote='yorkstar' pid='231357' dateline='1492430076']
Absolute classic fruit, just wish I could turn back time 20 year even just for a week i would certanly be out for 1 massive fruit sesh f sure, so many good fruits back then, what went so horribly wrong.?

If I could go back 20 years i'd be shagging the sort of fit birds I'm almost invisible to these days! It's the same chance as finding a numbering JPM!
lol as 50 gets closer even pulling the 40 year old dog may seem like finding a pure gold 50 off dealing!
The following 1 user Likes HoveSam's post:
megastreaklover01
(04-17-2017, 07:10 AM)mabby2000 Wrote: Was this on £10 version?

£15 Rollercoaster couldn't possibly go above £90 on the top feature!
Yes agree with shagging fit birds comment ?, I'm 35 and feel like that, the gamble part as certanly been cut down, and a lot more attention to shagging fit birds, only feels like yesterday 18/19 bouncing about the night club, scary really, emptying the club fruits, then emptying the sack later in the night if lucky, and pound a pint, Ah we'll never mind.

Can't remember seen a roller coaster in a nightclub, but the ones in the millenium club used to always be buzzing, not sure why maybe everyone pissed shotting money in not aving a clue, only went out with 20 quid often back home with big pocket of coins, red alert, motorway mania, simpsons, impulse, eliminator constant streakers, and lots of lovely dirty ladies?
Visited the arcade again today, quick reportage.

STAR WARS A NEW HOPE - Was at £2 Selector/Dark Side (cost fucking £18 to get the bonus though....), proceeded to play twatty just like it does in the emulator when it's getting trapped more often than it'd like. However, at exactly £40 in it did that rare RUNAWAY TRAIL that goes all the way to the top for an easy £70. Played on for another bonus on £1 play just to see what it'd knocked Selector/Dark Side back to, and yeah, 50p lol :D

ROLLER COASTER - Didn't number for about £6-£7 of credits and was going to walk but it finally showed me a 12 so pushed on. Admittedly I played it a bit like an arse and decided I'd go for Nemesis, turning down a Test Your Strength and gambling on Waltzers on crap numbers which lost (I've seen that gamble win on just about any number though, I think it's worth going for). Basically by the time I got Nemesis I was nearly £30 in, so even though Nemesis did the full £28.80 I still didn't win anything.

ITALIAN JOB 2 - Very reluctantly let me get it to a £6 cash stack on the second board so carried on with it, but then clammed up like a bastard. This took all my profit back and I couldn't be arsed so left it.

TO THE PUB! (Which is literally just over the road.)

SWING MY AXE - I pushed this out on Thursday (£120 in for a £100 snakeyo flatteyo) so was a bit wary of it. It was in dick mode (lots of PAY OFFs) and not going red at all so took a couple of the DOND games off MEGA START and got £10 back off £40 in. My feeling is they need to be at least showing red at feature entry fairly early doors for them not to twat you about too much.

MIDAS TOUCH - £10 in on £1 play and got a clear £4 block board. COB-ed it and it gave the £100 cashpot, which was nice.

OVERALL - £60 up.
Nice spawn on Midas Touch.
Gotta love a cobbed jackpot when pennies in
Was playing roller coaster on the emulator earlier - really weird.
Killed me on £2.20 on Nemesis, then 'let em spin' after a nudge for jackpot next spin.

Then next board Roller Coaster for a flat £10

Then board after that Nemesis for £28.80