Sainsburys Xmas Advert
Has anyone seen it ?

I find it quite hypocritical of them to push the "The best gift you can give your family this xmas is you" when they open up on Boxing day forcing workers to leave their families and go into work.

My lady is in work until 6pm Xmas eve and she's wanted back in 9am Boxing day.
(11-14-2016, 11:50 AM)Gambo Wrote: Has anyone seen it ?

I find it quite hypocritical of them to push the "The best gift you can give your family this xmas is you" when they open up on Boxing day forcing workers to leave their families and go into work.

My lady is in work until 6pm Xmas eve and she's wanted back in 9am Boxing day.

If they made you work Xmas day I'd agree - but boxing day ...
I don't think you quite get it dondplayer. Christmas is not just a 1 day event, it's a festival spreadout over many days.

Bit of a piss take on sainsburys behalf. Champion the spirit of family coming together at Christmas whilst at the same time keeping their staff apart from theirs.
Bet the bigwigs don't have to graft boxing day.
The future is much like the present, only longer.
Business is business and I doubt they have any morals when supermarket wars spend so much on advertising. Boxing day is big sales for all merchants. It seems like the 'Christmas advert' is becoming more and more popular. It started off with John Lewis a few years ago but they all seem to be doing it now. I agree with Gambo though. It's totally conflicting but they don't give a monkeys
I can relate to this I used to do the same when I was assistant manager at Home Bargains. Worked till 8pm Christmas Eve then back in 8am Boxing Day! I was so fucked i couldn't really enjoy Christmas just wanted to stay in bed. Retail for ya

Just have to think doctors, nurses, firemen and police don't even get Christmas Day off though
Marching on together
I work shifts 24x7x365 (so days and nights) - if my shift falls on Christmas day\Boxing day\new years eve\ new years day etc.. then I tend to work it. The money is too good to turn down but I'd have to use my annual leave to book it off the same as any other day. It's shit having to do it but I don't compare what I do to doctors, nurses, firemen and police etc.

I'm an IT engineer on Visa's Authorizations and clearing and settlement systems - so basically making sure the world can pay for stuff and access their money 24x7.
Absolute hypocrites. Nothing new though. Look at Mr Pukka himself - Jamie Oliver...suggests we grow our own food in our huge back gardens like him, but at the same time says get the ingredients from Sainsburys instead. At least with Noel Edmonds you get consistency - the bloke is an absolute thunderc***, has a shit programme and sticks his ugly face on loads of rigged machines.
The following 2 users Like paggamaggaloo's post:
megastreaklover01, Mr Move It
(11-14-2016, 08:47 PM)w1ckedw1lly Wrote: I work shifts 24x7x365 (so days and nights) - if my shift falls on Christmas day\Boxing day\new years eve\ new years day etc.. then I tend to work it. The money is too good to turn down but I'd have to use my annual leave to book it off the same as any other day. It's shit having to do it but I don't compare what I do to doctors, nurses, firemen and police etc.

I'm an IT engineer on Visa's Authorizations and clearing and settlement systems - so basically making sure the world can pay for stuff and access their money 24x7.

When the moneys talking it's fully understandable but a lot of retail now have done away with incentives, Boxing day is just normal hourly pay like any other Tuesday.
(11-14-2016, 09:46 PM)Gambo Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 08:47 PM)w1ckedw1lly Wrote: I work shifts 24x7x365 (so days and nights) - if my shift falls on Christmas day\Boxing day\new years eve\ new years day etc.. then I tend to work it. The money is too good to turn down but I'd have to use my annual leave to book it off the same as any other day. It's shit having to do it but I don't compare what I do to doctors, nurses, firemen and police etc.

When the moneys talking it's fully understandable but a lot of retail now have done away with incentives, Boxing day is just normal hourly pay like any other Tuesday.

That's bad. They should at least have incentive\increased pay for the main holidays of the year like Easter and Christmas - including boxing day. I know most places don't pay more for the bog standard bank holidays but for these main ones they should for sure. It's not like there isn't much business to cover it!
Don't forget most cities have a huge Muslim population who don't celebrate Christmas so if they can bring themselves to serve people alcohol they're more than happy to accept double pay for working what is essentially a normal day.
Ed
With the Muslim population increasing as it is, we'll soon need public holidays for EID etc lol
The following 1 user Likes Mr Move It's post:
Slasher
I used to work at mcdonalds and I had to work christmas day. Christmas is just a big fuck up these days in general which is why im a bit of a scrooge.

Its just about shitty 3 for 2 boots lynx gift sets, spending a ton of cash trying to out do others/impress people, and its just a ballache with shops and businesses open at random and inconsistent times as we all get different times off.

I guess ive lost the magic of christmas. Oh well, it will be over soon enough  Smile then I can watch a park 18 advert in january and forget about the whole thing for a year.
(11-15-2016, 09:09 PM)dude_se Wrote: I used to work at mcdonalds and I had to work christmas day. Christmas is just a big fuck up these days in general which is why im a bit of a scrooge.

Its just about shitty 3 for 2 boots lynx gift sets, spending a ton of cash trying to out do others/impress people, and its just a ballache with shops and businesses open at random and inconsistent times as we all get different times off.

I guess ive lost the magic of christmas. Oh well, it will be over soon enough  Smile then I can watch a park 18 advert in january and forget about the whole thing for a year.

You can also use Boxing day to get ahead buying easter eggs for 4 months time

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  the advert in the window doesnt lie jimmysnailshoes 3 755 07-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Last Post: ittle ottle
  Newspaper article/Advert Fail Gambo 15 2,269 01-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Gambo
  favourite xmas song jimmysnailshoes 12 2,285 12-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Last Post: goldenx
  Poxy Xmas ReggieK 11 1,604 12-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Last Post: goldenx
  Xmas Member Awards 2012 steelfix1 47 5,862 11-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Last Post: steelfix1
  i dont want alot for xmas jimmysnailshoes 4 1,325 11-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Last Post: jimmysnailshoes
  Latest Jackpotty ADVERT :) wildman87 6 1,254 07-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Last Post: russthebus
  why do we need the vinnie jones cpr advert, when we have this jimmysnailshoes 3 803 03-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Last Post: dude_se
  just something keykey said on the merry xmas thread jimmysnailshoes 6 1,134 12-30-2011, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Tommo
  stop fix factor getting xmas #1 Slasher 12 2,080 12-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Last Post: Matty