Popeye
Yeh think I've had corn of the dead in like 2-3 minutes lol!

Oliver Twist is the slowest.
I find popeye too slow? 20 minutes is news to me too
Played more popeye today out of sheer boredom and to prove a point to myself.

Twice it offered £100 and a low amount with a £40 ish offer. First time I declined and of course the £100 went away. Box 23 was red shot for 10p ?
Next time I took my £40, it flashed £100 and said box 23 was megastreak.

As they said in the 80s, chinny reckon!

Ed.

Is it being said here that this machine absolutely cheats with the 'box' value and the Box 23 value? (As I understand it the 'box' isn't a box in the DOND sense as it's just lamps, but the Box 23 is a proper reel, so how does it cheat on the reel?)

There's a big difference between 'I think it cheats' and 'It definitely cheats'.

If the machine does cheat it's incredibly bad form as the BFM DONDs and other similar machines have all worked on the basis that your value is determined at the start of the game, and in that regard the game is fair and honest - so it comes very close to outright player deception in my books if these machines are 'copying' known DOND behaviours but cheating with what they show, and this should be covered by the legislation that governs AWPs.
The following 2 users Like Chop's post:
megastreaklover01, NoDeal
There is absolutely 100% no chance the JP/mega streak is there as often as these games say it is, none what so ever
The following 1 user Likes jerz92's post:
keno
@Chop the box 23 reel on say popeye is a reel that spins constantly. It stops when you decide to reject or accept the box 23. People are saying it stops on mega streak etc when it blatantly wouldn't award mega streak.
The following 1 user Likes SmegHead's post:
keno
(06-29-2017, 06:59 PM)jerz92 Wrote: There is absolutely 100% no chance the JP/mega streak is there as often as these games say it is, none what so ever

Seconded! You'd have to be an idiot to believe what they claim!
The following 1 user Likes ob's post:
megastreaklover01
I've played it far too much lately. Same set up, a small amount and £100 on the deal game. Three times I've dealt for £30-£40, it's flashed £100 and told me box would be megastreak. But the one and only time I declined the offer it gave me the small amount and box 23 stopped on red shot for 10p

Totally bent - a very snidey mechanic which fucks with your head

Ed.

The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01
Yeah it shouldn't be allowed - don't know what there excuse is - I guess they could say it wasn't showing what was in the box and the flash is just a gimmick to show what could have been.

A real reel is what's needed.
Totally agree with this. It always seems to flash the ton/50 when you accept the offer. I would like Wizard or someone with good knowledge of code to examine the pipeye (and other) Roms and prove us all right! I wonder if it can be emulated? Would be interesting to freeze the game and then see what would have happened either way, final proof it's bent as fuck! Angry
Why are people playing these? Are you just hoping for a quick raise? I don't see the point in forcing something that can't go over, and I don't see much evidence that it forces quicker/cheaper because it can't do £150? What's the point?
The following 1 user Likes kidgloves's post:
megastreaklover01
The sad thing is Popeye is a good guy - a kind of superhero-type figure who wouldn't condone such shitty behaviour. Code-makers should be ashamed imo
Had my second best result ever on this earlier. £2.50 in, random 9.14 offer while shooting cash. Took it, legged it.
I havent even seen a popeye for bloody ages!!! I did find a big one earlier with an £800 cashpot though!
did you need for it to repeat to get your money back?!
Turning into a reasonable earner this popeye near my work. Same set up all the time, between £5 and £20 it offers deal game, leaves the ton and a low amount.

I always deal for the £35-£45 offer, it always flashes ton, I always accept the offer and it always stops box 23 on megastreak. Finding that funny rather than annoying now.

Ed.

The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01
Always leaves a half deal eh?!!

How some people roll!!!!!
(07-03-2017, 07:40 PM)PMK Wrote: Always leaves a half deal eh?!!

How some people roll!!!!!

Eh?

Ed.

Translates into getting a finish on Popeye is Uber rare.

I've had a few but that's probably out of about 200+ deal he's.
I've had the same set up about five times in the last week or so. Almost as if it's a chip

Ed.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hypalinx popeye again Boulderdash 23 3,641 05-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Boulderdash