reveiw of stakes and prizes started
(11-07-2016, 11:48 AM)ridye Wrote: Oh yeah and Category B5 seems like a blatant attempt to get high roller in pubs!

Betcom already tried a Bank Job that could do £200 rather than £150 all that happened was you put in between £180 - £220 for it and god help you if it did a snake flat!

AWP might as well be renamed BFLOMBMMMB Bollocks for loss or money back money money money back!

£70 machines could do £210. Stakes are up and prizes down.

Games
The following 2 users Like Boulderdash's post:
LookUp, SmegHead
Its fucked. Emulator is out though!
有難う御座います

ぺこ

CEO of JPF Japan. I play PACHISLO.

noos lla uoy ees
(11-07-2016, 12:14 PM)Boulderdash Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 11:48 AM)ridye Wrote: Oh yeah and Category B5 seems like a blatant attempt to get high roller in pubs!

Betcom already tried a Bank Job that could do £200 rather than £150 all that happened was you put in between £180 - £220 for it and god help you if it did a snake flat!

AWP might as well be renamed BFLOMBMMMB Bollocks for loss or money back money money money back!

£70 machines could do £210. Stakes are up and prizes down.

Games

Exactly...

Back when the JP was 70 you could actually win it as well, in reality its more like 25 quid now.

The irony is that despite the flat as a pancake profile and incredibly rigged dond games you can still put 50 quid in the daddy and get no proper dond and no cash offer over 4 quid.

Now they want you to pay 2 quid a spin for the exact same prizes on offer.

Games indeed.
The following 2 users Like danielj's post:
megastreaklover01, SmegHead
Shit! £10 stake for £100 JP is a laugh! Shit enough on 50p or a quid but 10 quid? F OFF!
The gambling industry really is screwed here! Can't think of anyone who would want to play it at even higher stakes at even worse odds of hitting a jackpot. I never see anyone doing a Timmy and forcusing any machines where I live, it's like people know they're shit and don't even bother with the nonsense, it's like £1 or £2 beer change here and there and then the player realises any more would make them a mug and they walk off! And it's usually on 25p (which is booooooooooooooooooooooring as hell!), hardly anyone plays the quid stake so what makes these stupid people think people are going to play a load-of-bollocks machine on a tenner a go?!
At least if you're going to increase the stakes pleeeeeeeeease make better games that aren't rigged so much as they are now and make the player feel like they are getting some sort of decent game for their buck or they'll be building the new clones of clones of clones of machines for nothing as they won't get played by anyone who has half a brain!
The chance of a quick steal needs to come back really.

I'd play £10 for the record lol
The following 2 users Like SmegHead's post:
kermithopper, megastreaklover01
Thats only bacta proposal, what sort of influence do they actually have?
the push for randoms in pubs has begun, well it did a while ago but now it's coming on strong
The following 1 user Likes voodoo's post:
megastreaklover01
All greed,that is all.
The following 1 user Likes Tommy c's post:
megastreaklover01
In a £150 JP world, I would really want to see all note recyclers paying out in 20s to halve the opportunity for a NOTE MECH ERR. It's bad enough as it is now ...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
The following 2 users Like Nixxy's post:
megastreaklover01, SmegHead
It may halve the opportunity for an error but you'll lose double the amount when it happens.
The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01
You'd just be withdrawing back onto your card anyway so no opportunities for error!
Wonder how the debit card is gonna work ?

It's not gonna be practical for a player to keep having a £10/£20 deposit authorised until they've finished, Hopefully you will be able to authorise your own amount before play commences, then when you've finished whatever the actual end result is + or - gets sorted with your bank.
The following 1 user Likes Gambo's post:
megastreaklover01
Like on those pay at pump at the petrol station? Max fill up £99 normally. That's clearly nowhere near enough to push out a Betcom £150, so what would it be? £999? You can absolutely guarantee that if something like that happens someone will smash the absolute shit out of a machine every other day.

I'm no fan of the nanny state, but I think its fairly clear that a mix of beer, debit card acceptors and rigged deals is a step too far.
The following 2 users Like kong's post:
LookUp, megastreaklover01
(11-08-2016, 09:35 AM)Gambo Wrote: Hopefully you will be able to authorise your own amount before play commences, then when you've finished whatever the actual end result is + or - gets sorted with your bank.

Lol.  The machines would be in flames, or comms ports smashed in, before they got the chance to debit bad losing sessions at the end of play!
The following 1 user Likes jokepoteer's post:
megastreaklover01
£2 for £150 on Cat C, yeah.. and I'm sure the Triple 7's will still be nailed down to 88℅ payout, no thanks!

I think a good opportunity could come from revitalising Cat D to, say, 20p £10 Jackpot. Ironically that would take us back to the 90s when machines were fun. There could be a good market for this.
The following 4 users Like jokepoteer's post:
kermithopper, levartemit, megastreaklover01, SmegHead
I do wonder whether they base any of these ideas on any performance metrics whatsoever? Maybe players skew this (they generally play on 50p / £1), but the 'majority' of punters like a 25p play bit of 'action' for their beer change. So, they are going to alienate those guys even further if they up the stakes (and possibly lose the 25p element).

Go back to 50p / £70 - make sure most games have the ability to offer prizes between the £35 / £70 or £50 / £70 range (so many games now have nothing between £35 / £100) and add some skill features that yes, might not be offered until the % was near as damn it ready for it, but let us feel we have some sort of edge here. That, in my eyes, would be a winning way to go.
The following 2 users Like Matt Vinyl's post:
megastreaklover01, w1ckedw1lly
I think the £10 stake for £100 could be interesting, depending on what was offered.

Perhaps a (truly) random deal or no deal game like what you could get online?

So instead of playing to get a feature, you could buy the feature outright.  Like what was tried before in the bookies. (Some fish game about 2 years ago)

I also think that the arcades are pissed off because they can't offer the B2 super spins like the bookies. So maybe this is a sort of compromise?

We will see......
The following 1 user Likes buster1000000's post:
megastreaklover01
(11-07-2016, 08:55 PM)voodoo Wrote: the push for randoms in pubs has begun, well it did a while ago but now it's coming on strong

And 6 months down the line, here we are. Hope the full timers are polishing their CVs
no idea when findings are released for latest review?
Soon so they said anyhow, was meant to be end of Q1 so they said but wouldn't hold my breath about it being on time

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FOBTs kill. Review of stakes and prizes due Tuesday 23rd Boulderdash 42 3,618 01-26-2018, 09:03 PM
Last Post: NoDeal
  Triennial review of slot machine prizes Boulderdash 10 5,259 07-11-2016, 05:15 PM
Last Post: jokepoteer
  New stakes & prizes proposal £100 machines here soon... gamblermad1978 36 9,234 09-29-2013, 12:57 AM
Last Post: streakseims
  new proposed stakes and jackpots beaverlasvegas 22 7,060 02-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Last Post: PissheadPFC