Are the machines leaving our public houses? FT Article.
Why do you call them mazooma digital ob?
The future is much like the present, only longer.
Dunno lol force of habit!!
(09-21-2016, 06:16 PM)ob Wrote: Why would it be a disaster for bellfruit?

You just wouldn't ever see the jackpot unless you pushed for it..... What's that remind me off oh Ye what they already do!!!!!!

It would mean disaster for seeing anything dond being remotely playable as older ones wouldn't be converted

I'll re-phrase OB's post.

"Why, it would be a disaster for bellfruit.

I would always see the jackpot even if I didn't push for it.

It would mean riches for all dond being playable as older ones."
I think with pubs shifting focus to being a family environment for some reason they've just fallen out of fashion. The pub I work in and the brand itself under Mitchell's & Butlers doesn't have AWPs in their pubs but the lower brands do, it's all about branding and perception. We sell a wide variety to a wide variety and as such don't need to push a fruity, whereas an Ember Inns is your classic "couple of pints and get lairy" brand and as such has 3 machines in a pub for a source of revenue. The brand I work for is Premium Country Pubs and as such it doesn't fit the brand.
It doesn't sound like the place to be for machines, is it a new brand? Vintage Inns used to mostly have machines but a few have got shot in recent years and wondering if they changed
(09-22-2016, 09:32 AM)aboza21 Wrote: It doesn't sound like the place to be for machines, is it a new brand? Vintage Inns used to mostly have machines but a few have got shot in recent years and wondering if they changed

Generally the Vintage brand has been phased into the Country Dining Group side of it, relaxed food and a nice pub. If we do a like for like it's:

Premium Country Pubs - fresh cooked food in a decent pub (like your nice local gastropub)
Vintage Inns - good food, nice pub. (Not gastro but a few quid more than a cheap pub)
All Bar One - easy relaxing group dining. (Like a better Yates')
Miller & Carter - steakhouses to rival a beefeater.

Then brands below this include Nicholsons, Ember, Browns and Harvester etc. You'll find a fruit machine in these pubs as they're your Spoons, Scream or Revolution style pubs.

All in all it's a 40\60 split between pubs with AWPs nowadays. I still have to do training on them and cash flow though just in case I change brands.
The following 1 user Likes Brindmeister's post:
aboza21
Back in the day you could buy a Mr. Man meal for 99p from your pub. It was excellent value. You got a bread roll, fish fingers, a beef burger or sausages with chips and beans or peas. It didn't stop there. You could finish off with a strawberry or chocolate sundae.
That was of course when it was a Beefeater in the 1980s.
How things have changed in 30 years!

I think the last fruit machine I ever played in there was Pacman (cash climber variant).
The following 1 user Likes JG vs SG's post:
LookUp
(09-22-2016, 10:38 PM)JG2 Wrote: Back in the day you could buy a Mr. Man meal for 99p from your pub. It was excellent value. You got a bread roll, fish fingers, a beef burger or sausages with chips and beans or peas. It didn't stop there. You could finish off with a strawberry or chocolate sundae.

I think the last fruit machine I ever played in there was Pacman (cash climber variant).

Oh those we're the days  Smile fish fingers/chips and peas with bread and red sauce and an Icecream sundae for afters
Believe nothing without facts or your own research and trust nobody but yourself,  but most of all be open minded and kind to everyone and everything...

http://globalskywatch.com/what-are-chemt...LYOgsunzqB
(09-22-2016, 10:38 PM)JG2 Wrote: Back in the day you could buy a Mr. Man meal for 99p from your pub. It was excellent value. You got a bread roll, fish fingers, a beef burger or sausages with chips and beans or peas. It didn't stop there. You could finish off with a strawberry or chocolate sundae.

Our food hasn't changed that much for kids, now its fish goujons, peas and fries then a brownie for £5.95, no toys etc anymore.

You can get a cod fish goujon and tartare sauce sandwich for £6.95 with fries etc too so that's a fish finger sandwich gone posh.

All in all the pub game isn't too different for my company. Ham and eggs, buttermilk fried chicken and the like ranging up to lamb rump or fillet steak.
(09-23-2016, 06:44 AM)Brindmeister Wrote:

Our food hasn't changed that much for kids, now its fish goujons, peas and fries then a brownie for £5.95, no toys etc anymore.

You can get a cod fish goujon and tartare sauce sandwich for £6.95 with fries etc too so that's a fish finger sandwich gone posh.

All in all the pub game isn't too different for my company. Ham and eggs, buttermilk fried chicken and the like ranging up to lamb rump or fillet steak.

It hasn't changed that much apart from putting the price of fish fingers, chips and peas up 600%  Smile
Believe nothing without facts or your own research and trust nobody but yourself,  but most of all be open minded and kind to everyone and everything...

http://globalskywatch.com/what-are-chemt...LYOgsunzqB
The following 3 users Like LookUp's post:
HoveSam, Mr Move It, Slasher

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discussing fruit machines on here... paggamaggaloo 24 479 12-09-2018, 08:47 PM
Last Post: dude_se
  What are these 2 machines dondplayer 39 2,907 08-15-2018, 10:01 PM
Last Post: dondplayer
  Old machines fodster 5 640 04-17-2018, 09:52 AM
Last Post: fodster
  Smashed up machines Boulderdash 9 1,183 01-18-2018, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Toastie
  Methods for old machines Moff 9 1,146 12-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Slasher
  When machines were good - Kung Fu Boulderdash 25 3,762 11-05-2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Boulderdash
  Old machines with bad graphics Boulderdash 1 415 09-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Last Post: jerz92
  FOBT Article on the Guardian website DaveScouse 19 4,087 08-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Last Post: jerz92
  Machines that fuck up ( to your advantage ) dazzler 35 12,987 12-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Boydie
  The origin of 5-reel slot machines? Mr Move It 25 12,135 04-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: vectra666