Rhythm & Blues Coin Pusher Songs
Hi everyone, I have something else that is extrememly frustrating me lol, this time it is not knowing the names of songs from a 2p/10p coin pusher machine commonly found in arcades called "Rhythm & Blues".

I have managed to identify a few songs from the machine and they are, Johnny Be Good, Whole Lotta Shakin, Green Onions, Lucille and Play That Funky Music White Boy but for the life of me I just cannot work out the lyrics to the others I am looking for and I know I am going to sound so stupid Because of not knowing the lyrics but what I would really like to ask is if anyone here knows this particular machine and whether they have heard the songs in arcades? One of the songs I am after is extremely similar to "Green Onions" by Booker T and the MG's, so that one is 100% instrumental and the machine plays it for about 10 or 15 seconds.

If anyone would just like to throw in the names of songs they have heard from Coin Pusher machines in arcades I will be extremely greatful I promise you, I believe the songs are also not just played on the "Rhythm & Blues" one, so if anyone just has any memories of songs they have heard from machines in their arcades, again I will be so greatful.

I will attatch a picture of the machine and thank you all so much!

Also if anyone like me loves the sounds of the Dancing Stage Machines then I can provide links to them, all songs and even the rare attract mode music from Dancing Stage Euromix 1 & 2 commonly found in arcades.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi again everyone, I have found a YouTube video of which sounds extremely similar to one of the songs I am after, as I said before it is so similar to "Green Onions" but it still isn't the one I am after, I will put the link to the song here to see if any of you have any ideas what the song from the machine could be.

It really is driving me mad not knowing what the songs are I have heard lol, I still believe the songs played from this machine are also played on other coin pushers aswell so if anyone wants to chuck in any songs they know from machines, again I will be so appreciative, many thanks to you all.

I can't help with that machine as such... But I believe you might get some nostalgia by searching for "At The Hop" which is on most Rock n Roll machines.
Same as Get Up Stand Up, and Ladies Night, which are on a fair few.

Best DDR music has to be Afromania, Dynamite Rave, Dam Dariram
有難う御座います

ぺこ

CEO of JPF Japan. I play PACHISLO.

noos lla uoy ees
The following 1 user Likes Peko's post:
FruitMachineAddict
I assume you have searched youtube for Booker T & the MGs tracks - off the top of my head Time is Tight is similar to those you mentioned.
The following 1 user Likes dondplayer's post:
FruitMachineAddict
(06-21-2016, 01:42 PM)Peko Wrote: I can't help with that machine as such... But I believe you might get some nostalgia by searching for "At The Hop" which is on most Rock n Roll machines.
Same as Get Up Stand Up, and Ladies Night, which are on a fair few.

Best DDR music has to be Afromania, Dynamite Rave, Dam Dariram

Hi Peko, unfortunately I already know all of those ones you've mentioned but thank you big time anyway, if you ever want the Attract / Stand By Music for Dancing Stage Euromix 1 & 2 just let me know!
(06-21-2016, 01:44 PM)dondplayer Wrote: I assume you have searched youtube for Booker T & the MGs tracks - off the top of my head Time is Tight is similar to those you mentioned.

Hi dondplayer, Yep I have been through all of the Booker T & The MG's songs but still haven't found the one I am looking for lol, but also big thanks to you aswell for posting.

The other song, I wish I knew a bit more of the lyrics, it is literately a 10-15 second clip which is played on the machine, sounds like a very old song and also sung by what I would say an old person and it goes something along the lines of:

"Ayeeeeee... Something about youuu..... bah bah bah, bah bah bah" ....... ....... Nothing's getting old, still a friend of mine"

LOL that is honestly the worst description I know, the words are obviously so wrong but one thing I am certain about is the "bah bah bah, bah bah bah" in the middle of it, starts with a few words and then "bah bah bah, bah bah bah, then closes with a few more words.

I know the "bah bah bah" sounds similar to "At The Hop" but in this song I am looking for the "bah bah bah, bah bah bah, is a lot faster and also sounds like it's women doing that part, then back to a definite male singing the other words.

Many, many thanks guys honestly, if any of you can work this out I owe you big time, I am going absoloutely mad lol.

Bah
When it plays the clip is it not long enough for an app like soundhound to recognise? Just a thought that may help
The following 1 user Likes levartemit's post:
FruitMachineAddict

I know an old pusher that used to play just the chorus of this fucking garbage over and over again, it fits in with the bah bah bah lol
The following 1 user Likes voodoo's post:
FruitMachineAddict
(06-22-2016, 07:03 AM)levartemit Wrote: When it plays the clip is it not long enough for an app like soundhound to recognise? Just a thought that may help

Great idea levartemit, I will give that a go next time I am at the arcade, cheers
(06-22-2016, 10:06 AM)voodoo Wrote:

I know an old pusher that used to play just the chorus of this fucking garbage over and over again, it fits in with the bah bah bah lol

Omg Voodoo llol  How on earth did you put up with that song? Haha. Cheers but Ive never heard that before llolit would drive me mad aswell!

Has anyone ever heard a song that goes "Like the bird in the skyyyyyy, like the bird and I wish this...." It is played non stop on a machine but can't find it anywhere online at all, definitely an old man who sings it.
(06-22-2016, 01:43 PM)FruitMachineAddict Wrote: Has anyone ever heard a song that goes "Like the bird in the skyyyyyy, like the bird and I wish this...." It is played non stop on a machine but can't find it anywhere online at all, definitely an old man who sings it.

This one ?

The following 2 users Like dondplayer's post:
barcrest junky, FruitMachineAddict
That's just taken me back to my youth, but it's THIS I remember more than the actual song

Yes I know I'm old lol and the depressing thing is I'm a year older today than I was yesterday! Sad
The following 2 users Like chasnbons's post:
barcrest junky, FruitMachineAddict
(06-22-2016, 02:13 PM)dondplayer Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 01:43 PM)FruitMachineAddict Wrote: Has anyone ever heard a song that goes "Like the bird in the skyyyyyy, like the bird and I wish this...." It is played non stop on a machine but can't find it anywhere online at all, definitely an old man who sings it.

This one ?

Omg haha you legend dondplayer! That's the one mate, thanks big time! For me personally the songs I hear in arcades always give me memories of my visits to them etc, it's hard to explain, I don't know why I am obsessed with finding out everything, but it is honestly where I love arcades and one way of pretending I'm there is to listen to all the songs I have heard, I know I will appear to be crazy but that's just my honest way of explaining it lol

I've got one more, I'm not sure if it is even a song but I've heard it in many arcades, you have to really force yourself to listen as it is obviously a fair distance from the machine being played in the video, it comes on at 23 seconds and most apparent at 30 seconds really.

Seriously thanks to everyone who replies, I'm not just saying it, I do appreciate it big time.
(06-22-2016, 03:10 PM)chasnbons Wrote: That's just taken me back to my youth, but it's THIS I remember more than the actual song

Yes I know I'm old lol and the depressing thing is I'm a year older today than I was yesterday! Sad

Happy Birthday To You chasnbons, many happy returns  Smile
Thanks mate :)
Hi did you ever manage to get all the sound clips for the Rythem and blues coin pusher, i am in the process of building one i have all the parts to make a section and am looking for help with the music  to play when its up and running. Smile
Just a minor thing that's bugging me. Maybe dondplayer can name that tune once more. It's from jackpotbros videos when he plays party games in Barry Island. The tune often in the background, maybe a pusher or something else and the lyrics sound like 'I cry as I lay on my bed, I cry as I lay on my pillow', at least two male singers in harmony with an accordion or similar as backing. It's a bit of an ear worm and it's niggling me what the tune is and what machine it's from.
(02-21-2018, 11:24 AM)JG vs SG Wrote: Just a minor thing that's bugging me. Maybe dondplayer can name that tune once more. It's from jackpotbros videos when he plays party games in Barry Island. The tune often in the background, maybe a pusher or something else and the lyrics sound like 'I cry as I lay on my bed, I cry as I lay on my pillow', at least two male singers in harmony with an accordion or similar as backing. It's a bit of an ear worm and it's niggling me what the tune is and what machine it's from.

I tried but what with him talking and the machine noises I can't tell which tune you are on about.

Can you state which video (link to it) and how many mins/secs in to listen
All this seems quite old but i wasnt on this site then, cant believe no one mentioned 'ooh ooh ohh its magic' as some of the most annoying arcade nudger music ever. Always seemed to be on in bowling places too. Think was by Pilot, oh boogie nights too aargg

21:14 is reasonably clear all be it with a bit of moaning about the Party Games. Loads of snippets of it from about 17:00 onwards.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Pound Coin dondplayer 22 2,006 02-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Hungryant
  project coin find the lady question mr x 12 1,045 09-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Last Post: jerz92
  Novice advice for the new £1 coin Craig6675 2 709 02-15-2017, 09:59 PM
Last Post: SmegHead
  End of march release date for new £ coin stanmarsh14 0 563 01-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Last Post: stanmarsh14
  0010 coin mech levartemit 1 905 09-20-2015, 06:26 PM
Last Post: dazzler
  Autumn Coin Op steelfix1 2 1,150 09-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Glendale
  Coin-Op Community AMK 4 1,809 04-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Last Post: AMK
  2p Pusher Days Rob 53 12,346 10-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Last Post: toby jugs
  Three charged over £4.1m fake coin haul ridye 6 1,802 05-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Last Post: adamtheaddict