Note mech error diary
25th Feb.  Deal or no deal, turbo.

Alarm 17.  -£10.

This is going to get expensive.
indeed. i don't even bother mentioning the tenner vanishing anymore, it very rarely turns up "after they've audited the machine" and brings unnecessary heat imo
The magical disappearing tenner trick is always going to be a baine unfortunately.
I rarely have problem with red noteys.

The white ones on the other hand........

Had more jams on those than OB's had gold pots.
There seems to be a new anti fraud on the white ones which gives you a heart attack as it sounds like the note is going to jam as it takes it back in then pays it out
(02-26-2016, 12:39 PM)ridye Wrote: There seems to be a new anti fraud on the white ones which gives you a heart attack as it sounds like the note is going to jam as it takes it back in then pays it out

This particular turbo has been updated so it does that, it didn't do it two weeks ago. Pays them out a bit like a stuttering penalty run up. First time I played it it was fine, yesterday it sounded like it was going to break on every tenner. Sure enough, it broke. Off/on, different error. Off/on again, different error which it ignored and continued to load up. Then it actually showed the correct bank before successfully paying out the tenner.

I took the rest in coins at the cost of 75p.

Another machine I've been playing a lot lately breaks on payout every single time. That one freezes though, which means it wipes the tenner from the bank with no evidence whatsoever when it comes back on. I think I'm £40 down on that one, so I'll go with -£50 for the month to date.
I wonder why AWPs don't use the same noteys as FOBTs? I've had a couple of notes spat back out at me, but never jammed on an FOBT.
I've had a FOBT jam but that was in London and because the stacker was full.

They also don't pay out notes. I suppose the ticket pay and redeem that Gamestec are pushing will get around this issue, but it means pubs holding more and more money. I think Monstak has a picture of one of these somewhere.
(02-26-2016, 09:04 PM)Slasher Wrote: I've had a FOBT jam but that was in London and because the stacker was full.

They also don't pay out notes. I suppose the ticket pay and redeem that Gamestec are pushing will get around this issue, but it means pubs holding more and more money. I think Monstak has a picture of one of these somewhere.
Can you imagine the heat trying to cash in a >£200 slip 2 weeks in a row in certain pubs? The quieter ones will be even worse. NNFM
The following 2 users Like 416's post:
megastreaklover01, SmegHead
I very rarely get note jams and usually it's sorted out in a day or so when I do get one. Never had any pub not pay up yet....
Count yourself very lucky!
The following 3 users Like ridye's post:
megastreaklover01, Mr Move It, SmegHead
Tito would be fine in pubs so long as there was a redemption machine.

But costly so very unlikely to happen.

As has been mentioned the heat after playing certain fruits and indeed barrings would be even worse.
(02-27-2016, 02:29 PM)PMK Wrote: Tito would be fine in pubs so long as there was a redemption machine.

But costly so very unlikely to happen.

This is what Gamestec are trying in a fair few pubs.
I love a redemption machine, lovely when you have an empty...hit a quicksilver for 8 large, by the time they knew it was gone..so was I!
Well overdue this, first error in a while the other night, and an extra lucky escape to go with it. I was a ton into a PG not realising it was quite so close to last orders. Sure enough, within 3 seconds of the bell ringing, a bouncer comes over to tell me I've got 1 minute to finish up! I was mid-board at that point, and we're looking for a miracle. Play deal, and YES! I mean no, it's a low blue in the box and time to go home. However, it seems that this particular low blue is one of several with a broken bulb gold phone next to it and GG is available. Noel only goes and lobs in the mega! And cwwwedits.

At this point, there are now two bouncers waiting for me to leave, so this'll be an ideal time for a note mech error. As sure as the shore is the Shaw is the sure, half way down, error 17. FFS. Have to explain the bouncer that I'm still not going, get the manager over who gives it the off/on and lo and behold, the bank is correct and out comes the tenner! Again invited to leave, errr, no, there's still £90 there to collect. Ok, you've got 30 seconds! Cheers. Fortunately he fucked off for just long enough for me to collect, spin, collect, spin the lot out in coins and make good my escape.

Note to self, do not play pure gold any later than 3pm from now on.
They should use the same as supermarkets use on those self service tills, I mean how often do you see a note mech error on them
The following 2 users Like Damo's post:
megastreaklover01, Mr Move It
How often do you go shopping?
I must be extremely lucky as only had 1 note mech error in the wild and that was with Mr.Move It at the local Wetherspoons in Paisley, they weren't that helpful and I think Mr.M was down a tenner from it (sure he'll confirm).
(04-05-2016, 08:01 PM)johncluedo Wrote: How often do you go shopping?

A lot
(04-11-2016, 12:11 PM)MonkeyKing Wrote: I must be extremely lucky as only had 1 note mech error in the wild and that was with Mr.Move It at the local Wetherspoons in Paisley, they weren't that helpful and I think Mr.M was down a tenner from it (sure he'll confirm).

I remember that MK!  It was just a fiver, but it was the principle of it.  The machine was sited to generate profit but the owners/renters (i.e. pub) weren't interested and instead fobbed me off with an 0800 or 0845 number which isn't free to call on mobiles (no landline).  As I don't live close to Paisley, I had to let it drop.

I use self service tills weekly in the supermarkets / WHSmiths / Boots etc, never had a problem with those.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Betcom repeat diary ob 21 3,697 04-21-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post: turbovamp
  Betcom "Thats Your Lot" Diary kong 33 5,175 04-19-2017, 09:49 AM
Last Post: JG Sluts
  My diary 2017 - is there still money in pub machines and my mission to stay offline jerz92 140 19,043 03-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: jerz92
  Mark On Fires 2012 Gambling Diary Mark On Fire 1,321 217,538 11-20-2016, 12:07 AM
Last Post: LookUp
  Diary Of a Compulsive James Petherick Carter 543 105,921 11-28-2015, 03:38 PM
Last Post: templeoftreasure
  my diary 2015 mr x 11 4,504 05-23-2015, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Neil2013
  Damo0666's 2013 diary. Damo 263 59,509 03-08-2015, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Damo
  dsk's Diary. dsk 15 6,516 11-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Last Post: steelfix1
  Standen09 DOND Diary!! Standen09 8 3,149 08-29-2014, 01:33 PM
Last Post: Standen09
  Liams 2014 Diary liamw90 75 23,857 08-05-2014, 11:34 PM