Stupid things you have seen a fruit machine do
I think the list of 'stupid things you've done on fruit machines' would be inundated with 'I screwed up a skill shot for jackpot etc', 'declined a cashpot offer as I hastily bashed no deal no deal no deal' (a good friend of mine shall remain nameless having made this error plenty of times), I want to hear the stupidest thing you've seen a fruit do.

Trap itself purely accidentally, made the occasional dodgy move.
Back in the £25 era, I remember going hi on a 1, only for it to roll 1 again and it said game over. I think the machines in question were those Barcrest hi-lo type games like Horn of Plenty, Gimme Gimme Gimme, Bling King Crazy etc.

Also, Quick on the Draw (Vivid) had a habit of rolling 11 on your first move, right onto the game over square!
This.

The following 4 users Like ridye's post:
mooster, Slasher, vectra666, wildcat
Jesus lol
I believe he decided on a quick go on the other machine before closing time, after last orders, and it awarded the jackpot first or second board.
PLUS EEVEE!!!!!
A DOND Gold trying to jet ski.
Epic video, seen it before but you couldn't time that any better.

I once spun away from a jackpot offer on super shots of East Wing West Wing £70 as I was playing too quickly. Cash meter went up to £20 and it was giving super deal. Oh well I thought, it's a jackpot board, it'll land elsewhere. Nope. Killed me and didn't come back.

Other strange happenings on these types of machine, I've had an Access All Alexes just naturally land up mega step to nearest which was jackpot. Naturally I took it but I did think how unBellfruitish it was to do that. It killed off deal as well.
They can also get in a strange mood with the bust whereby the message can't be 'cash or bust will be bust'. In fact every bust you press is something roughly equivalent to the board value.
BWB Volcano has a hidden IM as well as board entry. The board will only roll a 2, and you fill up the pots, on the question mark you get Extra Life.

Which would all be good, except for the fact that, the first 2 rolls you onto Lose.
有難う御座います

ぺこ

CEO of JPF Japan. I play PACHISLO.

The following 3 users Like Peko's post:
JG Sluts, megastreaklover01, Slasher
Offering the cashpot on a DOND game then not having the cashpot as a final two. Bloody cheek.

The pot in question was £55.80 so I thought I was pretty much guaranteed it at the end, nope, last boxes were £6 or £100.
(01-11-2016, 02:43 PM)Brindmeister Wrote: Offering the cashpot on a DOND game then not having the cashpot as a final two. Bloody cheek.

The pot in question was £55.80 so I thought I was pretty much guaranteed it at the end, nope, last boxes were £6 or £100.

That's perfectly normal...
Early red IM machines I've actually had a IM board and the machines spun the reel to lose!! Probably had a add again to land on lose.
Very rare but three time hold on "X,s" for a pound on party time costng you 90p so 10p up lol or even worse the same hold on double decker this time costing £1.50 p for a quid.
Reels spin in jackpot but doesn't give/pay it.
I've had a Adams family go higher than a 11 on a flashing board kill me. Was a bit like.... Okay
I own up to being the one that's declined a cash pot for Sebastian on a deal game

When I collected my £1.40 bank on a body match and it dumped a full float on me haha

And when a stir crazy just every board on £5 was invincible / going to the end and repeating to £30+ Emptied

When a deadish Gold mine (dream factory clone) got itself in a pickle and we trapped it for a mega streak off the shots decided to lock up and freeze because it realised its mistake...

I've heard of many stories of being on a 1 and for jackpot going higher and it goes to a 1 and kills you

My mate was also forcing out a fiddle a fortune (reflex) and was going higher and lower on some 1s and 12s on the board and that was also killing him. I don't know what made him force it in the first place.
I once witnessed a fruit NOT give OB a profit.

Without doubt the strangest thing I've ever seen.

It was OK in the end of course, he walked into a bookies out of frustration and made a bag on some random shit.
that is the sickest story i have ever heard PMK, obviously wasn't a random 500+

it was prob on a powerplay after someone had just had both repeats out of it, 100 in for £50 off red reels and then button lit 20 later and "took the piss" and cost 25 for a "disgusting 92 offer"!
(01-11-2016, 03:31 PM)Cf Wrote:
(01-11-2016, 02:43 PM)Brindmeister Wrote: Offering the cashpot on a DOND game then not having the cashpot as a final two. Bloody cheek.

What is not perfectly normal is declining a £70 / £70 offer on Viva Las Vegas or whatever the fuck it was called to win ten pounds
The following 2 users Like ridye's post:
Fenso, Slasher
(01-11-2016, 05:48 PM)Boydie Wrote: I've had a Adams family go higher than a 11 on a flashing board kill me. Was a bit like.... Okay
I own up to being the one that's declined a cash pot for Sebastian on a deal game

When I collected my £1.40 bank on a body match and it dumped a full float on me haha

And when a stir crazy just every board on £5 was invincible / going to the end and repeating to £30+ Emptied

When a deadish Gold mine (dream factory clone) got itself in a pickle and we trapped it for a mega streak off the shots decided to lock up and freeze because it realised its mistake...

I've heard of many stories of being on a 1 and for jackpot going higher and it goes to a 1 and kills you

My mate was also forcing out a fiddle a fortune (reflex) and was going higher and lower on some 1s and 12s on the board and that was also killing him.  I don't know what made him force it in the first place.

I suspect the number reel on the reflex was out of line if it was doing that as going lower than a 12 cannot kill on that particular machine.
(01-12-2016, 12:35 AM)ridye Wrote:
(01-11-2016, 03:31 PM)Cf Wrote:

What is not perfectly normal is declining a £70 / £70 offer on Viva Las Vegas or whatever the fuck it was called to win ten pounds

That was brilliant lol
PLUS EEVEE!!!!!
(01-11-2016, 11:51 PM)PMK Wrote: I once witnessed a fruit NOT give OB a profit.

Without doubt the strangest thing I've ever seen.

It was OK in the end of course, he walked into a bookies out of frustration and made a bag on some random shit.

Tbf that was pick and mix that had its revenge on me next time I played it, albeit I then made it back on roulette, was that same day from that free spins video on YouTube someone posted lol!
Did about 700 that day on pick and mix going for super Irish men on 50 a go and out of 15 plus features it never gave over the 50!
pots on those are a fair game, wouldn't play the men though

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Britain's number one fruit... Boulderdash 8 476 08-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Last Post: kfcandanal
  Sayings and Things that No Longer Apply Matt Vinyl 30 1,032 07-24-2017, 06:18 PM
Last Post: levartemit
  Spread betting demands no more skill than playing a fruit machine. Boulderdash 3 349 06-26-2017, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Quizard
  What's this machine dondplayer 12 1,156 05-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Last Post: dude_se
  Best cash or bust on shit machine. spencer71 18 1,933 03-23-2017, 10:54 AM
Last Post: jerz92
  Worst music / fuck up on a fruit Boulderdash 10 1,362 02-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Mr Move It
  Which machine is your favourite for Cash or Bust? Boulderdash 21 2,674 02-21-2017, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Matt Vinyl
  Derren Brown Fruit Machine Guy ridye 13 2,656 11-04-2016, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Boulderdash
  Had a few similar things over the years. JP 24/7 19 4,323 09-26-2016, 10:23 PM
Last Post: playford7
  A slight twist on the fruit machine idea Mr Move It 5 1,270 09-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mr Move It