G2 - Moo York Moo York
Personally.... This box 23 thing has had a similar incarnation for years on club machines. However to introduce it to awp was a really bad idea.
(05-06-2015, 10:06 AM)andy1234 Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 09:47 AM)Cf Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 07:06 AM)andy1234 Wrote:
(05-05-2015, 07:07 AM)Cf Wrote: If it fails test then it will be because its a Paddys Payday clone. They already tried cloning it once and that didn't appear to go very well despite Super Heroes being what I thought was quite an attractive looking machine.

Its not Paddys Payday - it has a few similar bits (boards etc) but has 'box 23' feature and removal of forced wins so quite different really.

We'll see. You're going to have a VERY hard time convincing us it's not a standard betcom profile. Removal of forced wins might change it a bit but the box 23 feature is a complete irrelevance that I really wish machines would stop including. It adds nothing except another chance for the machine to feel (and be) rigged.

I'm beginning to think we will never win here...

Andy you can win but as you say it will be a slow process.

I mean I agree with CF that this Box 23 business is pretty much a waste of time. Is that part of it random because that may help?

IMO removing the forced wins won't help that much if that's all that is different.

If you had a machine with a fair DOND game (even if not physical reel) that came back in a fair manner I'd play it.
The following 1 user Likes dondplayer's post:
megastreaklover01
(05-05-2015, 07:07 AM)Cf Wrote: If it fails test then it will be because its a Paddys Payday clone. They already tried cloning it once and that didn't appear to go very well despite Super Heroes being what I thought was quite an attractive looking machine.

Its not Paddys Payday - it has a few similar bits (boards etc) but has 'box 23' feature and removal of forced wins so quite different really.

We'll see. You're going to have a VERY hard time convincing us it's not a standard betcom profile. Removal of forced wins might change it a bit but the box 23 feature is a complete irrelevance that I really wish machines would stop including. It adds nothing except another chance for the machine to feel (and be) rigged.

Not at all.

But you're partnering with Betcom who make possibly the worst games going.

Forced win removal will no doubt help but I still can't see it being anything that'll interest anyone on here unless there have been substantial changes made to how it plays. Given that Betcom have made the same game about 50 times (probably not even an exaggeration) I'm assuming not.

Kung Fu Pounda was made by yourselves and was a good first effort. Why not build and improve upon that?
Andy, could you perhaps get someone from Betcom to read this board, even if they don't post? Would be great as they could then see why their games generally aren't attractive to us and perhaps do some tweaks. I don't get why they had to change the original bank job in such a way to make it that they no longer store any value and are just generally rubbish now.

That said, I still haven't played a moo york yet so I can't judge it just yet! I will report back when I have.
Personally I think the effort G2 have made on this board is outstanding.

In the 7.years on here bellfruit nor crest said fuck all
Take me back to the paradice city where the drinks are free and the slots are pretty, oh wont you please take me home...yeaaaahhh
The following 4 users Like streakseims's post:
Damo, keno, LetEmNudgeYou, Slasher
Totally agree, that's why I have more time for G2 than any other manufacturer at the moment. Reflex are at the bottom of the respect list and the top of the get fucked list, for a few reasons... For arranging to meet me then dropping off the face of the earth and for paying some idiot to spam their app on this forum.
The following 3 users Like Slasher's post:
Damo, keno, megastreaklover01
'Start spreading the muck
I'm baling some hay
I want to be a part of it
Moo York, Moo Yoo-oork...'

etc
(05-06-2015, 10:30 AM)Cf Wrote:

Not at all.

Forced win removal will no doubt help but I still can't see it being anything that'll interest anyone on here unless there have been substantial changes made to how it plays. Given that Betcom have made the same game about 50 times (probably not even an exaggeration) I'm assuming not.

Kung Fu Pounda was made by yourselves and was a good first effort. Why not build and improve upon that?

Im pretty certain that Betcom do read this board and so do other software developers...

[Image: G2%20Logo2.jpg]

.....Kick Ass Dongle Free Games
The following 2 users Like andy1234's post:
Damo, megastreaklover01
(05-07-2015, 08:23 AM)andy1234 Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 10:30 AM)Cf Wrote:
(05-06-2015, 07:06 AM)andy1234 Wrote: Its not Paddys Payday - it has a few similar bits (boards etc) but has 'box 23' feature and removal of forced wins so quite different really.

Not at all.

Im pretty certain that Betcom do read this board and so do other software developers...

In which case do they not get embarrassed / struggle to take any real pride in their work when they're the butt of so many jokes pertaining to how poor their products are?
The following 1 user Likes TOM's post:
Damo
I doubt it bothers them. The style of game they make obviously performs well and they get good sales so why change it. You'll get a load of timmy types forcing them and casuals like the fact the deal games are relatively easy to get.
I can confidently say that nearly all of the casuals I've encountered couldn't give a frig that they're getting to play the deal game cheap as they aren't totally stupid and they eventually realise that some of the machines never give the big boxes from the deal game.
The following 1 user Likes TOM's post:
megastreaklover01
Yeah, before getting DOND used to be "oooooo something good could come here" but now it's a whoopeedoo as the boxes and offers are rigged and shit. Just another £6-£10 block!
U know it's not £100 or cashpot 99% of the time. Add together that plus high board costs and forced wins and machines are just more of a waste of money than they are good these days Sad
Kind of looking forward to fruit machines going down the shitter (either totally going under or just making dross that i dont want to play anymore). Will keep me away from them haha.

Its not hard anyway as i avoid a few machines these days. The likes of chilli con carnage or whatever its called is wank. Takes an age to get the board then an age to win very little.
The following 1 user Likes dude_se's post:
megastreaklover01
One of these in Rochester wetherspoons replaced a fiddle a fortune. Looked dead so I didn't play it, will have another go next time though!
(05-13-2015, 12:45 AM)ob Wrote: One of these in Rochester wetherspoons replaced a fiddle a fortune. Looked dead so I didn't play it, will have another go next time though!

You get the prize for spotting the first one Smile
I played one, cost 120...went 200!
Andy, clone a triple DOND. The end lol
200?! Wow that's rare for betcom!
Timmy is gonna absolutely love these if they go 200 on the top!
I'm a firm believer that random DOND games, £100 jackpots and circa 76% is not a recipe from which you can make a successful game that appeals to all players. With a random DOND game as soon as it can be tipped in the player's favour that game will be put so far behind due to the jackpot being £100 that casuals with get tanned and vote with their feet. I hear people argue that it's the core players that should be looked after but that smacks of certain people wanting manufacturers to develop games specifically for them so they can go round burning them. This won't attract lapsed players back and instead compounds the problem already being faced.

Random DOND games were just about possible on £70 as long as you could feed the DOND game adequately enough but on £100 it's too much, especially on low percentages, unless you make the DOND game really hard to get, which annoys the casuals. You'll never get the jackpots lowered, and you'll never convince anyone in pubs or service stations to operate their games on decent payouts, so the only option is to rig the DOND game to create the illusion of gameplay and a semblance of value-for-money.

When the jackpots went up to £100 they should have stipulated 80% minimum payout, but I think everyone can see that the end is nigh and are simply grabbing what they can. God knows what it's going to be like if and when the jackpots increase further...
The following 1 user Likes Mystery_Plum's post:
megastreaklover01