Life Gambling
Please learn to use the enter key to insert paragraphs into your posts x
I also started playing fruit machines down my local seafront when I was just 15, making anything between 200 -500 a day in peak summer time , walking up and down the seafront constantly , I’m 34 now and still go out most days. My only heavy loss was about 15 years ago on a jackpoterrs, took £250 for the red knocked it back a few times and it done £25 stone dead. I don’t go in bookies as this is my eyes is a lot of people’s downfall. I know a lot of players and everyone of them either go in for the fobts or to have a footy bet. This I do not do and tend to stick to the things I know for a fact I can make money on. My advice to anyone struggling and find yourself losing money all the time is stay well away from anywhere that has got gambling machines. Aka cold turkey.
The following 1 user Likes Quizmaster2017's post:
megastreaklover01
200-500 a day at 15, so 1999 and you used to walk up and down the seafront constantly? Find that VERY difficult to believe unless a very decent player was feeding you information coz unless your real name is Rain Man it is impossible to self learn to that level at that age.
(01-18-2018, 12:42 AM)Toastie Wrote: 200-500 a day at 15, so 1999 and you used to walk up and down the seafront constantly? Find that VERY difficult to believe unless a very decent player was feeding you information coz unless your real name is Rain Man it is impossible to self learn to that level at that age.

NOT IMPOSSIBLE 
I'd worked out how to do BFM's barcode on my own by 15 and was making ~£30 a day on ACE swap shops by 15.  Within 18 months the raise on swap shop had turned into a fully blown empty on all the ACE machines.  Also had a BFM connect unit that would chuck out a £1 coin instead of a 10p every 4-5 times (back when 20p play was new and you could put 10p in and press collect) at 15.  I was averaging £100-150 a day at 15 (1989) so being able to double that 10 years later is definitely possible.

Yeah I got fed things like card cash and cash zone during that time, but the ones above I'd sussed myself.  In fact I never met anyone else who played swap shops for profit.
The best thing about the ace empty was the skill of learning and then finding the line wins. And only about 50% of the chips were emptiable so having to plug them became tricky
Oh to be 16 again and not waste your life gambling eh....

Oh well it’s been a fun ride I suppose!!!
The following 1 user Likes ob's post:
megastreaklover01
30 a day on one type of machine? big bucks deluxe! One generic empty you most likely saw someone doing.
Fair bit of a jump to 2-500 a day isn't it, particularly on seaside arcs that won't just refill losing slots everyday (bearing in mind they used to hold fuck all) day after day forever.

There may have been the odd exception to what I said above obviously it is highly unlikely for a top player to be 15 and completely self-taught.
(02-10-2018, 06:21 PM)Boulderdash Wrote: The best thing about the ace empty was the skill of learning and then finding the line wins. And only about 50% of the chips were emptiable so having to plug them became tricky

Weren't they just on the machine?
(02-11-2018, 01:46 AM)ob Wrote: Oh to be 16 again and not waste your life gambling eh....

Oh well it’s been a fun ride I suppose!!!

Really? May have been fun at some point for me but that all ended a LONG time ago...
The following 2 users Like Toastie's post:
kermithopper, megastreaklover01
(02-10-2018, 04:46 PM)416 Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 12:42 AM)Toastie Wrote: 200-500 a day at 15, so 1999 and you used to walk up and down the seafront constantly? Find that VERY difficult to believe unless a very decent player was feeding you information coz unless your real name is Rain Man it is impossible to self learn to that level at that age.

NOT IMPOSSIBLE 
I'd worked out how to do BFM's barcode on my own by 15 and was making ~£30 a day on ACE swap shops by 15.  Within 18 months the raise on swap shop had turned into a fully blown empty on all the ACE machines.  Also had a BFM connect unit that would chuck out a £1 coin instead of a 10p every 4-5 times (back when 20p play was new and you could put 10p in and press collect) at 15.  I was averaging £100-150 a day at 15 (1989) so being able to double that 10 years later is definitely possible.

Yeah I got fed things like card cash and cash zone during that time, but the ones above I'd sussed myself.  In fact I never met anyone else who played swap shops for profit.

Meet alot of players as a 15 year old in 1999 did you? rofl
(02-11-2018, 02:08 AM)Toastie Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 06:21 PM)Boulderdash Wrote: The best thing about the ace empty was the skill of learning and then finding the line wins. And only about 50% of the chips were emptiable so having to plug them became tricky

Weren't they just on the machine?

No. When you booted the machine they displayed the program number on the alpha. Like "Pay Rise 96" would work but Pay Rise 98 wouldn't. Although Pay Rise lasted into the £6 era because the spot the ball win was free. Now that HAD to have been deliberately left in by the programmer, unlike the lines wins which *could* have been an oversight. I can still hear the tune in my head!
(02-11-2018, 02:33 AM)Toastie Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 04:46 PM)416 Wrote:

NOT IMPOSSIBLE 

Meet alot of players as a 15 year old in 1999 did you? rofl
1989 not 1999. And yes, I did meet a few players during that time. I used to mainly play at a motorway services that was near where I lived. 
If you find £150 a day difficult for someone (even a 15 year old) to earn back in that era then you definitely weren't around playing. 
I don't understand why you are laughing at a £30 raise - esp back in 89
The following 1 user Likes 416's post:
SmegHead
No I wasn't a player then and I am not disputing massive potential, far far far fewer players. What I dispute is there being many 15 year olds 100% self taught making 2-500 day in day out. At any point since I have played I wouldn't start talking to a kid let alone any ins and outs.

My Uncle was a strimmer about 1980-85 and made a fortune, I have no doubt there was ALOT of money to be made.
God how I wish for a time machine.

My young life, 18-25, was frankly fucked by ACEs, Projects, Barcrests and so on. It's heartwarming to see that so many methods and emptiers existed on games that used to rape me stupid.
Those were the days when you could get a good game for beer change and people always carried cash. So you could empty the £90 cash out of an ace and it would be full again two days later, less in busy locations.
These days betcoms cost £40 or more for a £5 board so no one plays them as they don't carry that much cash and they know it's completely futile
The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01
Amazing how these newer games can take 20 to get a board over and over yet they still don't really pay out many big wins any more. I must have played 5 fruits "for a board" today (new bell fruit, or reflex) across them the average board cost must have been 15+! I won't play a Reflex for a board again, 1st cost 18 then about 30 for the one after after it phone fill moded (daddy clone) got 3 quid and it wanted 15 for next board.

Must be some top boy info on alot of those games? Played a hotshot (snooker based Reflex) that wanted about 70 for 3 or 4 boards, I just have to swallow as can't see how you can get anything back/not do mega bollocks if you carry on?
The following 1 user Likes Toastie's post:
megastreaklover01
Nope reflex are just bad at making fruits mainly
#Martalife
#Seshlife
The following 1 user Likes streakseims's post:
megastreaklover01
Nope all machines are generally shit these days.....yeah that was back in the day when you weren’t such a mug playing fruit machines, wish we could go back to those days but that’s over now! This is how the current crappy machines work and the companies care too much about profits and ripping the players off now and that’s how they’ll always be from now, stop it if you don’t like it
No its because they want to push random and video slots now as no way of telling its dead so will always get played regardless, unlike a fruit with fucked pots or jp in box.

This proves jp is now to big for pub fruits
#Martalife
#Seshlife
The following 1 user Likes streakseims's post:
megastreaklover01
Who is the market for pub fruits? If the machines are there to collect beer change the jackpot should be £25. If they're to attract gamblers the jackpot is £400 too low.
The following 1 user Likes Boulderdash's post:
megastreaklover01

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am a gambling addict yemonty 151 45,192 08-28-2016, 08:06 AM
Last Post: edthebear33
  stopped gambling partytimearena 9 4,684 08-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Last Post: keykeythe1
  Gambling Threrapy Hammer09 1 2,189 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Last Post: PissheadPFC