Machines that fuck up ( to your advantage )
(05-30-2014, 01:17 PM)PDJ link Wrote: The snack machine at work gave free milky bar chunkies so long as you put money in. Refilled three days running until it was spotted.

full empty !
(05-29-2014, 10:26 PM)jokerpoker link Wrote: had a double dond deluxe in a local pub, recognising 10p's as £1 coins and vice versa..... ran to the bank for £40 in 10p's lol, left it with around £6-£7 in it  after destroying it for about 280.

also had a change machine in hollywood bowl... insert £1 and get 10 £1 coins for change !! DINK DANK DOO :)

Ive had that change machine one in Blackpool. Ive also had it the other way when I put a tenner and and it gave me 10 x 10ps...
(05-30-2014, 11:54 AM)Voodoo link Wrote: Also had a Cadbury claw+pusher machine, that thought a 2p was a 2 pound coin.

Got a lot of chocolate that week

Going back over 10 years, was in Yarmouth and playing this weird skill keyring machine. Each keyring was on a corkscrew and each of those had a light next to it, you just selected which one you want and the skill started. A big circle but there was one bit at the top with a bit of tape over, so selected that one, stopped it there and it gave 1 of each and credits! Needless to say, just for the crack I emptied it lol 84 keyrings for £1. Left 30 or so credits in it too :)

Probably close to what the arcade bought those 80 odd keyrings for ha

If you win a prize on some stackers, press select prize then immediately press collect and it keeps the corkscrew turning until it's paid out every prize on that row...it then thinks you've selected an empty prize row so let's you pick another lol
Won one of those Despicable Me Minion teddies the other day on Blackpool's North Pier on a crane grabber.

It was the usual 'non-grab' but a tiny piece of thread on the Minion's eye got looped around one of the crane's claws.

Had to call the attendant over when the crane came to rest as the loot wouldn't drop, he shook the machine and the prize was plundered.
A beaver las vegas fruitty at my local arcade that was set at £5 jackpot but still had the profile of the £25 verson so the cash stacks where double the amount shown , used to only have to get a 2.50 stack for a jackpot which would regularly give
I had a certain version of Casanova do that I got a 7 quid win on the feature but it just took the 2 quid off
and a bat out of hell as well as you didn't need to hilo to get all the way to the top as it counted up the same way as the 25 quid version
years ago had a experience with a change machine , just spewed all its 50ps and £1 coins out just kept dumping them till it emptied , cant remember the exact type but put a tenner in and you would get 2 x 50p and 9 x £1 coins

filled my pockets and just rattled round the arcade , trousers were habging a bit low  lol
The following 1 user Likes ring sting's post:
Mr Move It
Most of these attritube to theft!!!!
Shaws amusements around 2004. Maygay New York New York. Got the 3 same coloured helmets for reel skill on the board. Usual ending of £4 off the top, but when the feature ended the machine got itself into an infinite loop and just went back to the start of the board again.

Rinse & repeat for hopper + refill before the attendant switched it off.
(06-01-2014, 11:29 PM)ring sting Wrote: years ago had a experience with a change machine , just spewed all its 50ps and £1 coins out just kept dumping them till it emptied , cant remember the exact type but put a tenner in and you would get 2 x 50p and 9 x £1 coins

filled my pockets and just rattled round the arcade , trousers were habging a bit low  lol

Had a Thomas change machine do this in the pool room at Keele university. Just threw out about £150 - I got about 80 of it.
Thunderbolt terminal. Used to over pay and then just deduct a small amount of over pay massively and ended up putting the credit on a minus figure. But it made no sense collected £20 before and it paid about £70 and ended up having something stupid like -£15.06 in the credit

Also had a MDM Bodymatch dump its hopper when I collected a small bank Then came up iou for the bank!
(12-19-2016, 11:42 AM)Boydie Wrote: Thunderbolt terminal. Used to over pay and then just deduct a small  amount of over pay massively and ended up putting the credit on a minus figure.   But it made no sense collected £20 before and it paid about £70 and ended up having something stupid like -£15.06 in the credit

Also had a MDM Bodymatch dump its hopper when I collected a small bank Then came up iou for the bank!

Saw this in an arcade a fair few times, apparently it screwed up the MGD a fair bit..
Those old fat quiz machine cabinets occasionally emptied themselves out when you collected your winnings. Happened about three times that I'd get a couple of hundred just by collecting 4 quid or something!
I had a theory it was if you hit it a certain way but I don't think that was it lol
I was unlucky on quizzers the amount of times my bank just disappeared instead ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are these 2 machines dondplayer 36 1,009 04-20-2018, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Hungryant
  Old machines fodster 5 332 04-17-2018, 09:52 AM
Last Post: fodster
  Smashed up machines Boulderdash 9 677 01-18-2018, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Toastie
  Methods for old machines Moff 9 656 12-07-2017, 08:20 PM
Last Post: SmegHead
  When machines were good - Kung Fu Boulderdash 25 2,388 11-05-2017, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Boulderdash
  Old machines with bad graphics Boulderdash 1 325 09-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Last Post: jerz92
  Playford, I know you are on here... Why can't you just leave me the fuck alone? JPMMonopoly60 30 7,327 03-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Last Post: SmegHead
  Worst music / fuck up on a fruit Boulderdash 10 2,984 02-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Mr Move It
  Are the machines leaving our public houses? FT Article. Brindmeister 49 17,602 09-23-2016, 10:36 AM
Last Post: LookUp
  The origin of 5-reel slot machines? Mr Move It 25 10,887 04-20-2016, 03:00 PM
Last Post: vectra666