Jackpottyforums
Popeye - Printable Version

+- Jackpottyforums (http://jackpottyforums.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Fruit Machines (http://jackpottyforums.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Betcom/ Gsquared/ Blueprint (http://jackpottyforums.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=173)
+--- Thread: Popeye (/showthread.php?tid=16073)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Popeye - kidgloves - 11-06-2016

Has anybody ever had this go over a ton on the Mega? Is it even capable?  I've never had this go over in around 10 attempts.
Also had a board tonight that 1st move went straight to Brutus, survived that so got hopeful for an IM. Next 3 moves were all Brutus. Survived 2 and then it killed me on the 3rd. Weird board.

RE: Popeye - adamtheaddict - 11-06-2016

(11-06-2016, 12:28 AM)kidgloves Wrote: Has anybody ever had this go over a ton on the Mega? Is it even capable?  I've never had this go over in around 10 attempts.
Also had a board tonight that 1st move went straight to Brutus, survived that so got hopeful for an IM. Next 3 moves were all Brutus. Survived 2 and then it killed me on the 3rd. Weird board.

No. &, no. ;)

brutus 4x in a row from the start of the board, gonna assume you just walked onto it after timmy got 7 high end offering finishes in a row followed shortly by filling up the MS icons. Not much good for anything other than keeping dust out of a plug socket and keeping engineers on their toes.

RE: Popeye - ridye - 11-06-2016

These are utter shit, yet somehow became the most popular Betcom release of 2016!

RE: Popeye - megastreaklover01 - 11-06-2016

Some gamblers will play any old bullshit for their fix though ;)

RE: Popeye - JG Sluts - 11-07-2016

Great sfx

RE: Popeye - kidgloves - 11-08-2016

Had a little bit of Karma after the Brutus board yesterday - Juggling Jackpots - £40 in for £150. One of my cheapest yet!

RE: Popeye - paggamaggaloo - 11-08-2016

Who's this Brutus bloke lol

Have they brought out a Julius Caesar game?

RE: Popeye - LookUp - 11-08-2016

(11-08-2016, 04:54 PM)paggamaggaloo Wrote: Who's this Brutus bloke lol

Have they brought out a Julius Caesar game?

From Popeye llolol

[attachment=2295]

He's called Bluto isn't he?

Both right!

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1548/is-popeyes-nemesis-named-bluto-or-brutus

RE: Popeye - Boulderdash - 11-08-2016

(11-08-2016, 05:48 PM)paggamaggaloo Wrote: Both right!

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1548/is-popeyes-nemesis-named-bluto-or-brutus

Hey-ylp!

RE: Popeye - playford7 - 11-13-2016

Do you people as top class worlds best players ever..even play this tosh for a decent raise?..had kraken off a deal board once, flat n zzz but for a tenner can't moan, wudnt even dare put a £20 in a fruit now, its more dead than tigers job prospects

RE: Popeye - JG Sluts - 11-13-2016

I've had a few boards on it. Usually £3-£6 first board fodder. It can certainly cost for a board. I think these are considered super playable. There's the Timmy forcers and the secret top boy 200 mega streak method players.

RE: Popeye - playford7 - 11-13-2016

(11-13-2016, 10:07 PM)JG2 Wrote: I've had a few boards on it. Usually £3-£6 first board fodder. It can certainly cost for a board. I think these are considered super playable. There's the Timmy forcers and the secret top boy 200 mega streak method players.

I can only aspire to ever be a top boy!..just one method would do me, as usually unless I'm unlucky and need to buy a jp out of a fruit, had luck before, but wud b a top feeling knowing I was going to profit before a coin fell into the machine lol

RE: Popeye - Gambo - 11-14-2016

Strange how they did away with the £150 on these yet still cost £100+ virtually all the time yet machines that do £150 still will go in cheaper.

RE: Popeye - Nightstalker - 12-16-2016

Checked a village pub today where the machine is not visible from the outside. Had to get a drink and I find the machine is this Popeye. Never played one before but as I was there why not give it a go. First board cost a few quid and it offered £4. I thought surely this hasn't been done recently if at all, so I decided to chase it. Well I was £25 into it before I knew it and it had offered £5 at most. Then it picked up and offered £10 and a deal and then £20. So I was a little over £60 in and I hadn't had a mega deal or anything much over £20, when suddenly it hit £100 cash shot! There was no way I was going to reject that! So I hit that collect button without a seconds thought, especially after hearing they don't go over £100 on Mega Streak.

Tried another board and collected £4. Played one last board which gave deal and collected an £18 offer. The spinach reel was a bit strange though. At one point I hit Mega Streak on the slow spinach spin but it just gave me a shot on the deal values and added it to the cash meter. Another time it landed on the sea and gave 2 winspins! I guess the reel was out or something! Was a Welcome unexpected £50 profit though!

RE: Popeye - adamtheaddict - 12-16-2016

(12-16-2016, 01:02 AM)Nightstalker Wrote: Checked a village pub today where the machine is not visible from the outside. Had to get a drink and I find the machine is this Popeye. Never played one before but as I was there why not give it a go. First board cost a few quid and it offered £4. I thought surely this hasn't been done recently if at all, so I decided to chase it. Well I was £25 into it before I knew it and it had offered £5 at most. Then it picked up and offered £10 and a deal and then £20. So I was a little over £60 in and I hadn't had a mega deal or anything much over £20, when suddenly it hit £100 cash shot! There was no way I was going to reject that! So I hit that collect button without a seconds thought, especially after hearing they don't go over £100 on Mega Streak.

Tried another board and collected £4. Played one last board which gave deal and collected an £18 offer. The spinach reel was a bit strange though. At one point I hit Mega Streak on the slow spinach spin but it just gave me a shot on the deal values and added it to the cash meter. Another time it landed on the sea and gave 2 winspins! I guess the reel was out or something! Was a Welcome unexpected £50 profit though!

A reel out of line on a Gsquared? Oh my days, thats a rare 1.

RE: Popeye - SpinOnIt10 - 12-16-2016

Sounds like the two reels on the top glass are the wrong way round.

RE: Popeye - nottsboy3040 - 12-16-2016

They are popular for a good reason!!!!

RE: Popeye - SmegHead - 12-16-2016

Popeye isn't g2. It's a betcom own brand. There's a lot of cases of them having the top glass reels mixed up for some reason